• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

49 minutes ago, tamiyafanboy said:

These look so awesome! 

Got any more details on your build? 

I’ll stick some details in the Tekno MT410 thread in the monster truck section tonight ??

• Thanks 1

Just finished the soldering on the ET410 a job i really hate, but getting better at now as it look under an hour, got creative when thinking of a soldering jig - bit of heat shrink round the connectors help the pliers not become a heat sink.

7148fc8f86e7bd9cc3a34a6901a5426d.jpg

944495566541c73838e06ddfd9c7fc46.jpg

Thought i’d post this in the proper thread lol 

Gave the ET410 it’s maiden run round a carpark, even on a flat ashpalt it’s stupid, huge grin inducing fun for a little truck :) Happily pops the front wheels up on launch, and there’s so much steering on throttle and just as nimble off throttle, the way it changes direction took a bit of getting used to, but quite quickly i was able to do tight 180 turns round a coffee cup at stupid speeds.

Will try and get a video tomorrow 

If you get the chance to drive one of these, do ?

Finished off the brushless conversion on the spare Hyper 7 chassis. Printed a housing for the ESC with incorporated cable tie channel. Printed a radio box to sit on the centre diff housing with screws running through the brace into the supports. Lastly, printed off a battery box setup. In order to reduce the amount of print time a bit, the tray itself is made up of 2 end pieces which screw onto some 20mm angle ally. This in turn is bolted to the printed plate that fixes to the chassis. All the nuts are captive nuts sitting in the plastic with bolts through. I spaced the tray off the base to allow a battery strap under the tray. Then I lined it with some thin foam sheet. Tray is 50mm wide so would take a large pack ...or up to 5S on edge.

Quite pleased with the end result. Motor mount was from Dazp

NtGKN58.jpg

The base tray has 2 'lumps' on it to fit into the holes left for the nitro motor mount screws and the flywheel. This blocks them up nicely, helps hte base locate, and stops muck getting in under the tray.

IlVW2PE.jpg

No extra holes are drilled in the chassis as each part uses existing part mounting holes to secure it.  Quite pleased with how the cable runs etc. all sit

dLYi7rn.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, tolk83 said:
1 hour ago, Pistonhead said:

I see what you mean about the sharp steering!

It’s such an agile little thing! Get the brake and throttle timing just right and it’ll pretty much rotate round the inside rear wheel and scamper off lol

Just finished a rebuild of my Hyper VSe after a huge accident. Got the 7075 chassis for it and was surprised to see the holes for the sideguards were not big enough nor were they countersunk like they should of been, so i drilled them out and countersunk them myself lol. All done now and she is back to looking her best.....New wing and CNC front shock tower should be here next week as well ?.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RCpete said:

Just finished a rebuild of my Hyper VSe after a huge accident. Got the 7075 chassis for it and was surprised to see the holes for the sideguards were not big enough nor were they countersunk like they should of been, so i drilled them out and countersunk them myself lol. All done now and she is back to looking her best.....New wing and CNC front shock tower should be here next week as well ?.

Pics. 

5 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Pics. 

Well i say she's back to looking her best but she is wingless atm as it got split in two lol. The new one should be here soon with the cnc front tower as the stock one got badly bent and has since been hammered straight.....Also trying to find a cab forward body that fits a Hyper.....any idea's?

Hopefully get some pics up soon, can't just now as my phone is buggered..

Spent an hours cleaning the sand out of the UDR then oiled everything up, I did get a karcher it was good for removing the ton of damp sand the rear end panels and spare wheels where carting about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the ET410 out for another pack tonight in the carpark, silly fun once again ? Getting more used to being gentle with the throttle and brake now,  and it’ll pretty much do whatever i want now, except reverse, did take that out, it cut in too quick for my liking lol.

Edited by Pistonhead