• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Learnt a valuable lesson about setting up drones. Can you guess what it is? :lol:

38634680342ee43351d1a2ab8b538834.jpg

The annoying thing is I've always removed the props when callibrating it, I just didn't think to do it when binding a new tx :(

Edited by everclear1984
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Fitted new air filter to the 5ive and gave it a few test laps of the back garden, don’t think my new neighbours approve of 2stroke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChrisT said:

Chopped off all my battery and ESC conectors and replaced them with XT60.

5 batteries and 10 ESC's :ack:

I plan to do that with my 1/10 stuff. After using the larger XT90 on the Outcast, that style of connector is a lot better then the Dean's

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChrisT said:

Chopped off all my battery and ESC conectors and replaced them with XT60.

DSCF6037.jpg

5 batteries and 10 ESC's :ack:

i chopped off all my tamiya connectors and replaced with xt60's:good:...

and dean's.....well ...:mf_tongue:...thats what i thk of them:lol:

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zannu said:

Is there a particular reason you are changing them now? and if so what is that reason?

Good question.

The reasoning for this is because, as you can see from the pic I had 3 different connectors fitted throughout my cars, ESC & batteries. They comprised of Tamiya, Deans and Orion uni plug. Thus resulting in a few adaptor leads for charging etc.

Therefore I decided to stick to one connector for everything.

I've read a lot on the forum about the XT60/XT90 and their simplicity in soldering compared to Deans, the majority of what I used was Deans. Never had a problem with them personally, nor soldering them, but decided to try out XT60 connectors.

I've concluded that soldering XT60 connectors are easier to solder than Deans (not that Deans was  ever a problem) but the fact that the terminals on the XT60'S are half cupped shaped to locate the cable and it takes the solder better.

Hope that awnsers your question, I'll be sticking with XT60's for the mean time :thumbsup:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stonedef said:

I plan to do that with my 1/10 stuff. After using the larger XT90 on the Outcast, that style of connector is a lot better then the Dean's

Definitley, soldering was a doddle and idiot proof providing you solder the wires correctly to start with :rolleyes::whistling::lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, evssv said:

i chopped off all my tamiya connectors and replaced with xt60's:good:...

and dean's.....well ...:mf_tongue:...thats what i thk of them:lol:

I think Deans are a thing of the past, they have been for some time. I only had the Tamiya plugs on models that were fitted with a TBLE-02 and running high turn motors.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChrisT said:

Good question.

The reasoning for this is because, as you can see from the pic I had 3 different connectors fitted throughout my cars, ESC & batteries. They comprised of Tamiya, Deans and Orion uni plug. Thus resulting in a few adaptor leads for charging etc.

Therefore I decided to stick to one connector for everything.

I've read a lot on the forum about the XT60/XT90 and their simplicity in soldering compared to Deans, the majority of what I used was Deans. Never had a problem with them personally, nor soldering them, but decided to try out XT60 connectors.

I've concluded that soldering XT60 connectors are easier to solder than Deans (not that Deans was  ever a problem) but the fact that the terminals on the XT60'S are half cupped shaped to locate the cable and it takes the solder better.

Hope that awnsers your question, I'll be sticking with XT60's for the mean time :thumbsup:

Ok, thanks. I still have deans on one or 2 of my lower powered models, and never had an issue, hence why I was wondering if there was a problem you had been having with them. All the rest of mine are bigger or mower powerful cars and I use XT150's for them, which are still easy to solder and take the higher current I am running through them.

Just now, Zannu said:

Ok, thanks. I still have deans on one or 2 of my lower powered models, and never had an issue, hence why I was wondering if there was a problem you had been having with them. All the rest of mine are bigger or mower powerful cars and I use XT150's for them, which are still easy to solder and take the higher current I am running through them.

Na, there wasn't a problem so no worries there :thumbsup: just wanted to keep everything uniformed.  Unless for personal prefferences, there's no reason for you to stop using deans.

Just now, ChrisT said:

Na, there wasn't a problem so no worries there :thumbsup: just wanted to keep everything uniformed.  Unless for personal prefferences, there's no reason for you to stop using deans.

That's good. I use deans for my smaller cars. I may even put XT150's on all of them, again to keep it uniform as at the moment I have more packs that can't be used with certain cars due to connectors being different. Just a small 1/10 does not really need an xt150!

• Like 1

Couldn't resist :D

DSCF6045.jpg

DSCF6053.jpg

DSCF6059.jpg

DSCF6063.jpg

DSCF6072.jpg

DSCF6074.jpg

Ooops, upside down gear box :doh::lol:

DSCF6095.jpg

Corrected :)

DSCF6096.jpg

DSCF6133.jpg

DSCF6136.jpg

That's how it stands right now, need to order paint and an 18 tooth pinion. :thumbsup:

Edited by ChrisT
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ChrisT said:

They appear my end, Firefox & Safari. Strange.

Strange, I am on firefox and not seeing images. If I click on the bit that says "DSCF6136" (Last picture you posted in that lot) then I just get taken to my post image home page. Not seeing anything.

Edited by Zannu
  • Like 1

Gave the SCT some love with new wheel bearings on all 4 corners, Cleaned off my D8 to get it ready for some cheeky upgrades 
nTFdTe9.jpg

I think the truck might have earned a new shell though! :)

• Like 1

Thought I'd dig out my old firestorm chassis and put a 8.5 brushless race motor in it just needs soldering up and botched a servo in it that really didn't want to fit. Just need a few minor parts and it'll be running again. Also found my brothers baja which is in sorry state so I'm tempted with getting a KM roler and nicking all the fancy parts of my brothers one as I really miss large scale and his baja has just sat since he got it. 

Took the little Amewi 1/18 SCT out, first time on 2S lipo, fairly flies along now.  Big wipe out though, and broke the right front shock spring seat.  RC18 one in for the time being, but these cheapo shocks really are bad, so need to find some more 55mm shocks, this time with a little damping effect.