• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Painted my tx for fun seen as tho I had some paint left over.

9eed4861518dfaa834097d182466cf96.jpg

4fab043215f08fc9e70aa46f04a091e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Oh I like that. I have the same one. Very tempted!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, Nic01 said:

Oh I like that. I have the same one. Very tempted!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

It looks awesome! I'm probably going to give it a very light rub down as a few bits of dirt managed to get on it without me knowing and then spraying again. 

Took the X1 CRT-e IRC conversion to the track, along with the Hyper MTe.  Hong Nor held up excellent as always - by far my favourite RC at the moment though everything else was a nightmare:

Newish Power HD servo case cracked

Another Spektrum Rx failure - SRS4201 - swapped the above servo for a savox 1267, tested, fine, set end points and then nothing :(

Hyper Mte blew it's centre gearbox.

• Like 1

Acted as pit crew for my mate on his first outing to a proper club to race his new F1. All went well with no breakages. We do need to find some foam tyres though. Anyone know of any F1 foam wheels/tyres with 12mm hex fittings to fit the HPI Formula Ten?

At the beginning of the week I got a mamba max pro and soldered and heat shrunk all the connectors bar one as didn't have any white heat shrink (fussy I know) but it turned up today.

4391.jpg

And fitted to the Wolf. 

4392.jpg

busted out the airbrush paints, 

just gotta find the energy to spray the darn tank up some more, its been a year since i left it , mixed up some red/brown dirt/mud paint 
and hunted interwebs for some nice satin clear coat ( just could be halfed the purchase it though).

Re-looked at the Vaterra Twin hammer shortcourse body mod and sighed like a little girl , its going to take a hella lot of work to flair out the rear end to fit the oversized hammer.
grabbed some resin-hardener and glassfibre matting ( stupid mistake i wanted glass cloth and got course matting) to glass out the shortcourse body to shape i require

The winter time stuff  ^^, while its snowing and im stuck indoors and not on two-stroke pedro

Edited by Tamiyacowboy
  • Like 1

After having a great time yesterday acting as pit crew for my mate and his F1 car, I thought I ought to make a start at building my own.

The F104V2 Pro is quite a well-specced vehicle to begin with, but I thought it could do with a bit more carbon and alloy:

IMG_20160918_171701_zpsid8waw5g.jpg

A good bit of this ended up at the back of the car.DSC06505_zpsesx0o94n.jpg The stock plastic motor mount was replaced with an alloy version, the stock plastic wing mount and damper mount were replaced with carbon versions, the stock plastic links and "football" were replaced with carbon reinforced mouldings and the stock plastic side spring holders were replaced with alloy thumb adjusters.

The chassis comes with neat gunmetal coloured fluorine coated pivot balls in all locations except for the rear pitch damper mount. Even the carbon upgrade comes with a shiney silver coloured pivot ball. This looked out of place to my eye, so I replaced it with a gunmetal coloured fluorine coated one to match the rest.

Up front I went with a low profile horizontally mounted servo to eliminate bump steer as on the TRF cars.

DSC06504_zpsuqc6jj4x.jpg

The front suspension arms are the only parts that have not been swapped out for their carbon reinforced equivalents. I have read that, while the carbon ones are stiffer, the slight give in the stock plastic parts make them more likely to survive an impact.

I did however swap out the ugly oversize downstop washers for some neat alloy ones.

This is how it looks so far:

DSC06503_zpscqslxblj.jpg

• Like 3

Started replacing the under chassis skid plates and steering linkage on the Summit. Discovered a stripped gear steering servo, so hoyed in a replacement from the spares box.....then the crack happened....

5 hours ago, ROBSTER 1992 said:

Done a little work on my body lines on my drift car body shell it's a nitemare it keeps coming of and also some bits are trying to come of.

06096f691371936ddc94581c3dddf005.jpg

I love the look of the body mate! Did you ever have the chance to have magnetic body posts?

• Like 1