• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

25mm dia blade. All the really dangerous stuff I use at work and I do this with a dremmel in the shed.....

Yeah, I wore a pair of thick rubber gauntlets when using the clipper saw (cutting bricks), also mask, safety glasses, ear defenders and hat. At home however.......................................

Lol h&s goes out the window out side work for most people

Indeed. 

Anyhoo, back on topic, nothing. Yet..........................................

removed the motor from my Ruckus as it running on lipo's, and is now done for, (might be able to revive it, not done a electric motor tear down before) but as always a good excuse to upgrade

attacked my LC racing buggy with a can of compressed air, as it was still full of grass from last weekends outing

Installed the Hitec servo into the front of Boudicca and the 2 speed box into her belly. Only managed a quick wheels off bench test but the shift servo seems to be working ok, was a bit of a buzz to see the axle speed change at the press of a button. Will give her a proper run out tomorrow. 

Put a full 4000mah 3s pack through Boudicca. She's a totally different beast with the two speed transmission installed, 2 different beasts almost lol. I think the steering servo has escaped unscathed too, bonus. 

• Like 1

d0e7f11d6572025c27bee7f4f57c7b70.jpgtook the brushed setup out my car and put a brushless in 18e0024ae33001c2fd5a684f967a9342.jpgf12c8f4cc70bad3c417cd963c1183950.jpg that being the speed before i changed it to brushless a40e77018cd6b37dddf85f30a2aaebf4.jpg thats the speed of it now ;) so 7.4 mph faster and thats with nimh,going to borrow some lipos and get another speed check ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're gonna notice a difference with the Lipo on board. 

• Like 1

You're gonna notice a difference with the Lipo on board.

good haha,i think the esc can only handle 2s and luckily my mate has some i can borrow so im gonna head over soon and get another speed run done ;) by how much faster do you think its gonna go,?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Managed to get some garage time:

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/gallery/image/33491-/

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/gallery/image/33490-/

Can't decide if I should counter-bore the bolt holes or just have them proud.  Really want hex head bolts like the 1:1 but think even at M2.5 they are going to look a bit big so will have to stick with socket caps.  Many holes to tap at some point.