• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Stripped the Savvy steering down to fit an ally servo saver assembly, only to find the one I've bought isn't a servo saver at all! Just an ally steering assembly! :(

And yes, the ad said "servo saver".

Gutted.

Edited by Tug

Gave the Savage a quick brush off. Replaced upper and lower front arm, re set the gear mesh and more red threadlock applied to the motor screws. Plastered the shell in stickers, looks much better......I think....

Gave the Savage a quick brush off. Replaced upper and lower front arm, re set the gear mesh and more red threadlock applied to the motor screws. Plastered the shell in stickers, looks much better......I think....

Any pics of the shell?

Any pics of the shell?

No, I don't like how it looked after painting it at all. Looks like a giant carrot swallowed a zebra  :shockingscary:

I will post some on the weekend, I need natural light as my camera is rubbish.

Stripped all the old "electrics" from a toy 1/10th Evoque.  It actually had a diff in it!  Chassis now ready for chopping to fit proper bits in.

Finally found a use for Maverick Strada SC super wide (12mm, so -7mm offset?) hexes / long axles.  They are useless in the Maverick as with no drive pin they slip and eat bearings.  However they do fit Tamiya TA02 rear axles which lets you widen it a chunk without offset wheels and I won't be putting much power in so they should hold.  I might machine some notches for the grub screws to make sure.  With TL01 from knuckles on stock arms the front is almost as wide and both ends fit 1.5" M wheels.  Result!

Turning into a bit of a hybrid mess with TA02 chassis, Losi MRC shocks, toy hard shell and now a few Maverick and TL01 parts.  Most expensive part so far has been the RC4WD 1.55" tires.

Realized i had put the motors on the wrong arms on my little quad. 2 of them are reversed thread doh. Had to swap all 4 motors to the opposite corners and while i had the soldering iron out added some leds :)

Repaired my basher shell using plasterboard tape and shoe goo. I can't believe how well it turned out, it was very close to splitting in half and now it's stronger than ever. Looks a bit pants because I reinforced it inside and out but it'll do for bashing :)

Edited by everclear1984

Following the mild frustration turning to slight rage over losing a tube of green slime in the pit of Ming, took the HB out for a damn good thrashing and came home with baldy tyres and a mahoosive grin.

Amazing how a simple, cheap rc can restore one's sanity :)