• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Took the Revo out to a car park with some fresh 20% Model technics big bang fuel

(was running std 16% before this)

Not as impressed as I thought I would be and it smells funny (a bit fishy?)

I like the smell of castor oil, and this stuff must not have any

Will go back to the 16% with the nice castor smell :D

Also managed to break the clutch into a few pieces on the 3rd tank when bashing on the rough stuff

(hoping its the reason its been a bit odd about wanting to idle, maybe it started breaking up a while back?)

I need more practice jumping, managed a few big nose ins that I'm amazed didn't break something important, and a humongous cartwheel that went on and on, seemingly without breaking or bending anything,  followed by some pretty heavy upside down landings

It's definitely tougher than the T-Maxx

Regards

Rob

Took the Revo out to a car park with some fresh 20% Model technics big bang fuel

(was running std 16% before this)

Not as impressed as I thought I would be and it smells funny (a bit fishy?)

I like the smell of castor oil, and this stuff must not have any

Will go back to the 16% with the nice castor smell :D

Also managed to break the clutch into a few pieces on the 3rd tank when bashing on the rough stuff

(hoping its the reason its been a bit odd about wanting to idle, maybe it started breaking up a while back?)

I need more practice jumping, managed a few big nose ins that I'm amazed didn't break something important, and a humongous cartwheel that went on and on, seemingly without breaking or bending anything, followed by some pretty heavy upside down landings

It's definitely tougher than the T-Maxx

Regards

Rob

It'll be alot happier with some decent fuel, Byrons for example.

Did you retune when you changed %?

It'll be alot happier with some decent fuel, Byrons for example.

Did you retune when you changed %?

Yep, I did have a play with the needles for a tank or so, but got bored of doing power runs to find the ragged edge (never got to the point where it was too lean so I didn't try too hard - it was changing gear, leaving a light trail of smoke and balooning the tyres/loosing traction on tarmac so good enough :D

I still have issues after every 3 or 4 runs of it being unable to hold an idle which became frustrating :(

(could be the clutch which had broken up by the end of play and be completely unrelated to fuel or engine tune)

I could possibly could have gone a bit leaner and more on song, but got lured away to the loose bumpy jumpy fun stuff, where the engines power was not the limit

I think my local shop only sells the model technics stuff and the 16% stuff I usually use seems to be OK for what I use the trucks for

It's all the T-Maxx has ever had and it's never missed a beat on it and it can haul its front end into the air on demand once warmed up and dialled in despite the heavy steel roll cage it wears

I only wanted to see if upping to 20% would make any difference to the Revo's idle cutout issue or make any 'massive' power difference

It doesn't smell of 80's Rally cars so I wont be buying it again anyway :D

Does Byrons?

Regards

Rob

I was trying to get my Savvy rebuilt with the new IRC chassis kit last night ready for a bash this afternoon but I've found another bent bit that i didn't notice before. Time to see if i can persuade it back to shape with a big hammer!

Ditched the cheapo fuel filter (was making more bubbles than a whore house bath), fitted new fuel and pressure line tubing (buy cheap, buy twice), swapped soft stock shock springs for some stiffer ones, swapped out the god knows what weight stock shock oil for some 40w, finally got the ride height, camber, toe etc as good as it's gonna get, fitted a new glow plug and glow plug cable.

On my nippers electric..got new tyres and foams front and back (it was a Speed-T..now more like a XXXT), camber, toe etc done and got his gyro set up and working nicely)..

..then just as I finished that little lot I sat back and watched it start raining.

Goddamnit.

• Like 1

Managed to get my girlfriend to come bash with me for the first time :b ran a few tanks through the slayer and didn't break anything which is a first for me :) had 15 tanks through it now and runs like a dream :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off out with the baja's today, can't wait gunner get some kip then,.........up and at um! Kick there buts all round the track, its getting some wear on it now, the track that is, ill try getting some videos today, see if I can set the mrs on filming lol! I bet we see some sky shots and plenty baja noise lol!, bless here.

waiting on another hitec servo coming, should be here in the morning, and making a order from rc modelz, that I should of done Thursday or somthing, but morning will do, ;)

• Like 1

Ran the newly converted brushless truggy.  Decided that 6500 4s SMC LiPo's are able to supply a LOT of grunt to the 2000kv set up.  God that motor was hungry for amps...  The Truggy performed faultlessly, just need to get everything a little cooler through some revised gearing I think...