• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Well had my first incident with the Mini 8ight today, sadly it randomly stopped running and the rest light was on the esc, I got my IR temp gun straight on it to find it was only on 111*F so knew it wasn't that, took the LiPo out to find this :(

IMG_2449.jpg

Nice jeans!

Is that scorching around the balance lead entry point? Looks borked.

fully discharge using bulb or similar, stick a nail through it then stick it in a gallon of water with half a cup of salt for a week then throw out in household waste.

Using a bulb? O.o I knew about the salt thing but what do you mean by bulb? :lol:

Bulbs grow lamps glow ;):lol: 

Most comfortable jeans I own :lol: got several pairs :P

Just to clarify, it didn't overheat, it got wrapped round my prop shaft and the leads were ripped out, they didn't melt :)

Just checking Youtube now how to properly dispose of them.

Why not resolder? Is it salvageable?

Why not resolder? Is it salvageable?

I don't think so mate, it looks like they've been pulled by the roots so to speak.

I may have a further look tomorrow, maybe put up some detailed pictures, if someone thinks they can do it, they can have it for postage cost, probably about 2quid, if they can re-solder it they've got themselves a cheap LiPo :)

you can fix that lipo if you are careful. cut the plasic film away and solder the middle to the middle solder point and so on, you should be able to see where they were ripped from. this happened to a 3s in my savage when it was ripped off by a stick.

you can fix that lipo if you are careful. cut the plasic film away and solder the middle to the middle solder point and so on, you should be able to see where they were ripped from. this happened to a 3s in my savage when it was ripped off by a stick.

I'm really not confident with soldering at all matey.

If someone wants it they're welcome to it for the price of postage.

It still charges and discharges perfectly fine, cell wise, just the lead needs fixing :lol:

fair enough i dont like soldering either my dad does all my soldering and also that 3s.

I don't think so mate, it looks like they've been pulled by the roots so to speak.

I may have a further look tomorrow, maybe put up some detailed pictures, if someone thinks they can do it, they can have it for postage cost, probably about 2quid, if they can re-solder it they've got themselves a cheap LiPo :)

I'll take it if you just want postage costs. Sure I can fix that.

Using a bulb? O.o I knew about the salt thing but what do you mean by bulb? :lol:

plug a lightbulb/lamp/light/ into the battery to discharge it

Edited by stretch