• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Same day delivery? Where's that from then? Or u orded anouther to go with it? Lol

Sorry, I just realised what you meant, I said "I ordered it" then a few posts later "I unwrapped it"... It's two different models lol, I bought the car a week or so ago and ordered something else which when it arrives, I'll post pictures of.

Then apart from a nice Heli, possibly an 800mm+ quadcopter build and a Slash, my collection is complete.

Very content :D birthday on Friday too which is something else to look forward to :lol:

Made and mounted battery boxes to the Allymaxx.

null-80.jpg

null-79.jpg

null-78.jpg

does this chassis make the e-maxx allot stronger,

my old max broke loads

does this chassis make the e-maxx allot stronger,

my old max broke loads

You can keep the plastic chassis, but strengthen it with ally chassis braces and ally bulkheads.

Mine's a rare FLM import from the US. Tough as old boots and a looker too. I've fitted battery boxes as the chassis doesn't have any. The two I've used are from a GV Cage/XTM Rail. Excellent quality for ~

Sorry, I just realised what you meant, I said "I ordered it" then a few posts later "I unwrapped it"... It's two different models lol, I bought the car a week or so ago and ordered something else which when it arrives, I'll post pictures of.

Then apart from a nice Heli, possibly an 800mm+ quadcopter build and a Slash, my collection is complete.

Very content :D birthday on Friday too which is something else to look forward to :lol:

Knew I wasn't cracking up :-/ lol! Ha damn someone's been busy bee with the buying button lol! Nice collection u got going :) ......

Well took the stoke out for a run n low and behold the dam steering servo died :-/ lol now to think what I wanna do cos after all I did buy this for the track so don't really want cheap but don't want expensive just yet lol

Knew I wasn't cracking up :-/ lol! Ha damn someone's been busy bee with the buying button lol! Nice collection u got going :) ......

Well took the stoke out for a run n low and behold the dam steering servo died :-/ lol now to think what I wanna do cos after all I did buy this for the track so don't really want cheap but don't want expensive just yet lol

Then stick an Alturn servo in!

Spraying my first shell :D

Went from this

9128632963_e346c0d3e2_c.jpg

To this

9145861605_826e288fcb_c.jpg

Tomorrow, removing the masks, protective film, fitting lightbuckets and admiring it in more detail. Few tiny bits of bleed but very happy.

Edited by teshi
  • Like 2

Spraying my first shell :D

Went from this

9128632963_e346c0d3e2_c.jpg

To this

9145861605_826e288fcb_c.jpg

Tomorrow, removing the masks, protective film, fitting lightbuckets and admiring it in more detail. Few tiny bits of bleed but very happy.

To not get overspray with a rattle can is nigh on impossible, especially with little fiddly bits on these shells etc... Nice job buddy, is that the way I said I thought it'd look nice?

To not get overspray with a rattle can is nigh on impossible, especially with little fiddly bits on these shells etc... Nice job buddy, is that the way I said I thought it'd look nice?

Hahaha nah i expected something to go wrong for being my first. Masks were the hardest part and spraying into the spoiler since its so deep but got there with zero paint run. Did end up with a few splatters but on the final costs so should not show through (I hope)

Im a perfectionist so the little bits that bled through on the masks will either be redone or just left but you need to get up close to it before you realise. The important parts like the lights, windscree etc look good and be ready for RC butcher's magic.

Hahaha nah i expected something to go wrong for being my first. Masks were the hardest part and spraying into the spoiler since its so deep but got there with zero paint run. Did end up with a few splatters but on the final costs so should not show through (I hope)

Im a perfectionist so the little bits that bled through on the masks will either be redone or just left but you need to get up close to it before you realise. The important parts like the lights, windscree etc look good and be ready for RC butcher's magic.

Tape always will fella, if you're ever doing another, may I suggest liquid masking.

Pay a bit extra and buy a decent quality one, I bought a cheap one and when trying to cut it, all it did was peel off.

I'd left it overnight so it was plenty dry and I make my own knives, so they ARE very sharp, but it was still having none of it, I bought a better one and it works spot on :)

If you burnish the edges of the masking material then no bleeds is very easy to achieve with rattle cans

Agreed, using the right technique can get you a bleed free paint job, but on most paintjobs, even professional level, if you look hard enough, somewhere, their will be a blemish of some kind.

Even on 1:1 cars, not just RCs.

Thanks for the painting tips :) Will make sure I put em to use.

@PurcyP, the Zilla design should be on shortly :D

Hardened steel spur and pinion just arrived from the states for the mini 8ight! Will hopefully get to fit them today, if they last longer than 2 packs then its a success lol

image_zps2d087ea6.jpg

ran my brushless truggy project today for the first time and it goes like hell, the motor gets abit hot thou.

would a heat sink bring the motor temps down and how hot can a brushless motor get. This is the truggy:

Edited by mamba_man