• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

are iphones meant to be the best?

Gaz!

Because they can't afford them.

that is what gets my back up, i could of bought a iphone 4 for cheaper than my samsung galaxy s (pay as you go unlocked) but why would i buy a device that is inferior for screen quality,battery life and raw power plus unlocked so i can do what i want with the device, if i wanted to be restricted i would of bought the iphone 4 for cheaper. yet i cant afford it?

nice marketing top notch that apple does no arguements there, cept their flogging inferior hardware with the os locked out and any one that doesnt buy into it like me and goes with android gets the response of you cant afford it cept my android phone was more expensive and does a lot more...... thats marketing for yous :(

with the dolphin hd browser on my phone set to desk top mode, i see no difference between my gaming computer (quad core 3.2ghz 8 gig ddr3 5850 1 gig ddr5) and my phone for general browsing and watching streaming videos on web sites with the full flash player 11 on my phone, yet i picked my phone because i couldnt afford an iphone 4 and yet my galaxy s cost more, im failing to see the logic, especially when im not playing pc games i just whip out my phone and read forums etc or stream videos from flash, its not unkown for my pc to be turned of for a week at a time, because my phone is doing what i want it for apart from pc games, yet i cannot afford an inferior device (that was cheaper) that will not do what i want it to do even if i jail break it.

thats good marketing from apple.

oh well id better enjoy my gorilla glass 4inch samoled+ screen with 512 mb mobile ddr 2 and a 1ghz cpu because i couldnt afford a iphone 4?

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 1

Yes im sure Intel build the mac chips in a gold plated room, and build the lesser quality 3960x's for PC's in a dusty old shed out the back :whistling:

Same with foxconn they Build the components for apple, in their crystal hall, where their are angels playing harps to keep the hardware happy wilst it is being boxed up with golden fleece as packing meterial befor being sent off to apple. Wile all the components for People like Asus, gigabyte,ASrock,MSI are all built in the toilet cubical that doesnt get used anymore since frank the ex sumo wrestler used it and blocked it up.

Dont be daft. Just because it comes in a shiney box dont mean its got better build quality.

if the iphones are so good how come you have had to have all of the samsung, nokia and HTC phones as well?

"daft" did you actually read your reply before posting ? obviously not ...

get off your high horse cerb, yeah i really like the boxes ...there so shiny ,now your just being an idiot...

ive tried other phones and always gone back to iphones because i prefer them ,you know people are aloud there own opinion...

your reply must of taken some real thought lmao... frank the ex sumo, jeez ..real good one that,is he your brother..

that is what gets my back up, i could of bought a iphone 4 for cheaper than my samsung galaxy s (pay as you go unlocked) but why would i buy a device that is inferior for screen quality,battery life and raw power plus unlocked so i can do what i want with the device, if i wanted to be restricted i would of bought the iphone 4 for cheaper. yet i cant afford it?

nice marketing top notch that apple does no arguements there, cept their flogging inferior hardware with the os locked out and any one that doesnt buy into it like me and goes with android gets the response of you cant afford it cept my android phone was more expensive and does a lot more...... thats marketing for yous :(

with the dolphin hd browser on my phone set to desk top mode, i see no difference between my gaming computer (quad core 3.2ghz 8 gig ddr3 5850 1 gig ddr5) and my phone for general browsing and watching streaming videos on web sites with the full flash player 11 on my phone, yet i picked my phone because i couldnt afford an iphone 4 and yet my galaxy s cost more, im failing to see the logic, especially when im not playing pc games i just whip out my phone and read forums etc or stream videos from flash, its not unkown for my pc to be turned of for a week at a time, because my phone is doing what i want it for apart from pc games, yet i cannot afford an inferior device (that was cheaper) that will not do what i want it to do even if i jail break it.

thats good marketing from apple.

oh well id better enjoy my gorilla glass 4inch samoled+ screen with 512 mb mobile ddr 2 and a 1ghz cpu because i couldnt afford a iphone 4?

very well said mate! thats what im saying about marketing their image. thats why so many people think iphones are better, not because they know they are lol. iphones have hardware that is out of date by the time the phones come out, absolutely rubbish

The only people with an Issue with Apple, Do not own the product, so their opinion means nothing.

What a stupid thing to say. That's like saying I cannot have a valid opinion of the country we live in because I don't own it. And as I already said, I have owned a Powermac G5 and I haven't mentioned yet but I will now; 2 iPod videos and I personally think Apple products are great, I seriously don't have a problem with the actual end product at all. What I do have an issue with, however is the price. How apple believe they can charge (based on current prices on Play.com for the sim free/unlocked versions of respective phones)

"daft" did you actually read your reply before posting ? obviously not ...

get off your high horse cerb, yeah i really like the boxes ...there so shiny ,now your just being an idiot...

ive tried other phones and always gone back to iphones because i prefer them ,you know people are aloud there own opinion...

your reply must of taken some real thought lmao... frank the ex sumo, jeez ..real good one that,is he your brother..

coments posted was at your inability to except the fact that all components are made in the same damn factory. Hence build quality not actualy being any different between them, And if you want to talk about how those components are put togeather go open up a mac it looks like a bloody birds nest in their.

So yes a SHINEY box is the only difference between a mac and a PC on the hardware aspects of thing.

Thats like the idiots that say Alienware PC's are the best, just because it comes in a shiney box with an alien logo, when if you open one up. And in my experiance anyone who buys an alienware PC wouldnt even know how to open one in the first place. Their hard ware is all Dell OEM stuff, basic motherboards, Cheap ram, cheap versions of GPU's that only share the same Coding as what we would buy in a store. But beacause you can go onto a website spend thousands of pounds on something you could build for

Edited by cerbrus2

What a stupid thing to say. That's like saying I cannot have a valid opinion of the country we live in because I don't own it. And as I already said, I have owned a Powermac G5 and I haven't mentioned yet but I will now; 2 iPod videos and I personally think Apple products are great, I seriously don't have a problem with the actual end product at all. What I do have an issue with, however is the price. How apple believe they can charge (based on current prices on Play.com for the sim free/unlocked versions of respective phones)

How is that a bad thing? People seem to HATE on Apple because they are sucessful? Surely thats just jealousy not hate?

LOL. maybe you fail to understand my point, but just to reiterate incase you did, I was saying that the main reason apple is successful is because of its image NOT because the products are better because they are clearly not - the specs. speak for themselves. There is nothing wrong with their stuff granted, but I am fed up with hearing people say how amazing the apple stuff is, when its not. They are just drawn in from the image, same as you say about the jackets - the primark stuff is not much different, but people like to have 'nice' things - whether they are really worth the extra money or not. Apple stuff is the same as other products available, but just horrendously more expensive, and for unknown reasons.

The only people with an Issue with Apple, Do not own the product, so their opinion means nothing.

A stupid statement to be honest, why would I own something that I don't like? Myself some of the other anti apple members on this thread have never said that they have not owned apple products before, and have formed their opinions from having experience with the products!

Edited by dtokez

is it just me or are apple fanboys hilarious?

<-- goes back to my galaxy s with 40 gig :)

but build quality is worth the extra 500 pounds erm no i can do better build quality with better quality cheaper parts my self lol my old pc's and current ones dont have problems, they just work :)

i wonder how people that buy apple computers would feel about foxxcon and their practice's and how cheap they are compared to the price tag apple slap on them, seriously dont get me started lol

any thing foxconn does not get near my computers :)

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 1

LMAO I agree on that 1 LOL!

However didnt Flash recently discontinue all Flash For Mobile programming for the future?

nope i got a recent flash player 11 update for my phone as did my dads htc desire recently, their still up for mobile flash :)

theres problems with ice cream sandwich getting flash but that will be fixed soon while im on 2.5 ginger bread and ice cream sandwich is version 4.0, flash is still strong for android :)

Edited by Yrkoon

The only Apple thing I ever had was one of them little square ipod player thingies that the mother in law got me, Plugged it into the computer, Dragged my MP3's over, Went to play them, And nothing, Asked my brother what was going on, And he said I had to put iTunes on first and add all my songs through that, Needless to say it's been in the kitchen draw ever since.

In the good old days it was called an MP3 player, Made buy people like Cowan, Creative, iRiver and it was a simple job to listen to music.

I don't have a problem with Apple products, I have a problem with with the company and it's ethos in general, All they now seem to do is take other peoples ideas(admittedly improve it)and then drag anyone through the courts that dare do something similar or remotely looks the same , The way they are dragging Samsung through every court(Talk about bite the hand that supplies you) that will entertain them because there s2 and s10 look like there product is quite disgusting, But they don't seem to mind nicking other peoples, The ipod interface from creative,The Apple logo from the Beatles.

Best buy has pulled out of the UK retail section now, But I was surprised after seeing one of there adverts that Apple never took them to court for advertising that there employees wore blue shirts.

At the end of the day this all comes down to Apple trying stifle competition, Which is no good for any of us in the end.

Something else that's funny, As much as they like all of there employees to act like a classroom of children

There is something about there shops that me and the wife find very unwelcoming, To the point that we have only once stepped inside the door of one, For about a minute.

• Like 2

this all just childish and tbh pathetic, yes i have an iphone, i would love an imac, yes they are expensive but they work, i've got friends with the latest nokias and samsungs and i find it funny how often they have to turn them off and back on and how bad their battery life actually is however they are great phone and i am NOT saying that apple products are best, but and this is a MASSIVE BUT they work and more importantly their back up is second to none, my iphone broke (shock horror, it must now be a terrible product) i took it to the apple store in leicester and they swapped it for a new one on the spot, transfered all my files and apologized for the trouble. i don't see ANY OTHER phone manufaturer offering this level of service. i would pay through the nose to have that kind of back up. its like rc's we can all probably buy our parts cheaper than MS but we don't because we trust MS and their back up apple is more than just the products you are paying for a superior level of customer service