• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

are iphones meant to be the best?

Gaz!

just saw this and apparently not the first.......

http://www.huffingto...c3_lnk2%7C87162

seems now traxxas have got castle esc/motor in the new x01 car, only fitting to have both magic smoke in the car and on the transmitter :xd::xd::xd::xd: thats the ultimate telemetry......

thank the stars for htc. :thumbsup:

Edited by big gaz

I'm going to charge my I phone in a titanium safe incase it explodes, it's only a matter of time before it explodes and sprays everyones eyes with glass splinters :-/

Edited to add out of the 8/9 castle systems I've owned I've smoke two which was my fault from excessive over gearing. I rate castles gear very highly, if there abused they will smoke though.

Edited by nosense

I'm going to charge my I phone in a titanium safe incase it explodes, it's only a matter of time before it explodes and sprays everyones eyes with glass splinters :-/

Edited to add out of the 8/9 castle systems I've owned I've smoke two which was my fault from excessive over gearing. I rate castles gear very highly, if there abused they will smoke though.

to be fair mate, i have the hpi branded mmm combo in my savage and its awesome.......

saying that, the 3 traxxas vxl esc`s ive had in the past were excellent too.

must have been a friday batch.......

Bit of a troll thread, you know it'll end in an argument. Anyway my original iPhone was used every day and charged every night (give or take a bit!) since release date to when I got my iPhone 4 in April. Neither have exploded and I'll be dammed if they do.

As the comment on that article says it's just scaremongering. Think how many iPhones have been sold worldwide compared to the 3 that have 'exploded'.

Edited by hazza1304

all perspective im not fussed about apple either way but i find the i phone a rite pita to use

You find them a PITA to use? Seriously? My mates 3 year old can work their dads, and my mum who has never had a phone in her life worked mine out within a few minutes.

Do you struggle with things such as breathing? lol

• Like 1

You find them a PITA to use? Seriously? My mates 3 year old can work their dads, and my mum who has never had a phone in her life worked mine out within a few minutes.

Do you struggle with things such as breathing? lol

lmao..

must be the easiest phone ever to use ...my 3 year old boy can use it no probs,we had to hide the app store because he was on it all the time wanting new games..

300-400 on a mobile phone

or a second hand car / or a weeks break / or driving lessons for the kid/ over the years maybe enough for a college education

do you not think it is kind of expensive, and contracts to your tied to something for months usualy like 15-30 a month x18 then the phones bill for calls or data usage roaming charges etc etc.

pay n go you have some control, but i see phones as annoying and a fashion statement.

Edited by Tamiyacowboy
  • Like 1

Bit of a troll thread, you know it'll end in an argument.

if you think its a troll thread report it instead of shooting off!!

its not meant to start a argument, its not something ive written about is it now??? its called "news"

for your info sunshine, i have a ipod and a htc smart phone. so im not bias either way.......

also, whats trolling?? or being a troll?? i know very little about computers so dont understand the lingo most of the time.........

Edited by big gaz

Okay, fair enough about the contracts but I'm pretty sure you can get an extra 700 minutes or so for an extra tenner. You can definitely get unlimited landline calls for an extra fiver. The thing with the iPhone is that all the contracts force you onto these high use deals, when not everyone wants that. There's no choice for people who don't use many minutes to get a better deal like there is with other phones. The only option for them is buying the phone sim-free and when you compare those prices, the iPhone is still extraordinarily expensive.

i dont dislike apple products at all, i have just recently got a ipod nano and think its smart bit of kit. on the other hand, phone wise, when my time comes for a upgrade i ask for the most expensive phone i can have for free with my contract, i could have had a iphone but it was out of stock at the time, so i got a htc desire instead. now other than the battery life which is pretty bad. i love it and will definately go for another htc phone.

i was a nokia fanboy for years but times change, if i had the use of a iphone then maybe i could be swayed but not being good with gadgets, took me 6 months to get used to the htc so there layout amongst all there phones remains mostly the same (guess this is true with iphones??) another reason i stuck with nokia for soooo long.

as with anything, its the fanboys that ruin products.........

i could of bought an iphone 4 for a wee bit cheaper than my samsung galaxy s and it is an awesome phone i have no complaints about it, i call it my hand top since i dont have a lap top but spend loads of hours on my galaxy s veiwing web sites in desktop mode on dolphing hd browser and a full flash player, got flash player 11 on it :)

dont even need to root it to get it to do what i want and got 40 gig of storage :)

unrooted galaxy s 40 gig and loving it 8 gig on phone and 32 gig on the micro sd card 2 gig reserved for little bits of app data :)

if i bought an iphone i would have to jail break it just to do half the stuff my un rooted galaxy s does, yeh i like messing with stuff i think my psp is crippled without custom firmware etc

Edited by Yrkoon