• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Poor standards of etiquette

Carpmart

I've deleted this post as I've already got a defensive reaction in the first reply!

Not interested in being labelled as a 'troll' as I've been described below, so I'll keep my opinions to myself in future!

Edited by Carpmart

If you dont like it you know what to do :sly:

It seems to me that your judging the rest of us based on 1 seller and thats a bit unfair 99% of us good honest people but there is always that 1% that spoil it for every one els and its like that in real life not just on the forum.

I think instead of slating all of us, therefore 'tarring us etc', you would of been better off either naming and shaming or reporting the offender to a mod. A deal is a deal, no question, the mods might not be able to get you the item you were promised, but they might have warned the offender and saved someone else the disappointment of dealing with him or her.

• Like 1

But that is the minority. You WILL get that anywhere, be it ebay, MSUK, or whatever forum for selling/buying that is out there. I've had similar experiences on ebay, Maxbashing, Oople, BYT, a goped forum I used to frequent, and others. It's just how some people are.

Not judging on one seller, I've several examples, just didn't think I need to go through them all. I've just used one as an example!

End of the day mate, If you really were as "Big on Forum Ettiquete" as you claim, you would have done the right things, like use the member feedback section to mention

a members dodgy shenanigans, that is, after all, what it is for.

And you certainly wouldn't launch a generalised attack on a community that obviously has dozens of helpfull members who work hard to maintain high standards and do their best to answer as many questions as helpull and descriptively as they do.

Every community has a minority of troublemakers and dodgy dealers, on the internet, in real life, even Amazon and Play have their fair share of dodgy dealers..

Edited by TerrorTrooper

End of the day mate, If you really were as "Big on Forum Ettiquete" as you claim, you would have done the right things, like use the member feedback section to mention

a members dodgy shenanigans, that is, after all, what it is for.

And you certainly wouldn't launch a generalised attack on a community that obviously has dozens of helpfull members who work hard to maintain high standards and do their best to answer as many questions as helpull and descriptively as they do.

Every community has a minority of troublemakers and dodgy dealers, on the internet, in real life, even Amazon and Play have their fair share of dodgy dealers..

My experience of some forums is very different, a real pleasant community, with virtually no 'problems people'. My post wasn't related to what we are discussing, more to the way one conducts oneself. I have numerous examples of behavior in the few weeks I've been using this forum which I never experienced in the years using others. That's a simple fact!

My question was if that's the 'type' of person who is into models and representative of this demographic (can't do anything about this) or is it representative of 'the way we do things on here' which is behavior which can be modified by rules and a collective approach to stopping this happening!

Listen, at the end of the day I just might have been very unlucky!

My experience of some forums is very different, a real pleasant community, with virtually no 'problems people'. My post wasn't related to what we are discussing, more to the way one conducts oneself. I have numerous examples of behavior in the few weeks I've been using this forum which I never experienced in the years using others. That's a simple fact!

My question was if that's the 'type' of person who is into models and representative of this demographic (can't do anything about this) or is it representative of 'the way we do things on here' which is behavior which can be modified by rules and a collective approach to stopping this happening!

Listen, at the end of the day I just might have been very unlucky!

I have a feeling you have been somewhat unlucky, and very lucky on other sites. What types are these other sites? Not imagine many people being sad enough to steal stamps from a stamp collector ;)

Irrespective of the forum style, if it is even remotely related to a mainstream subject, then it will attract people. you just have to go about reacting to it properly. At least you didnlt end up paying for the item and then not receiving it, or receiving it in a completely different state to what it was described as.

Edited by Matt B
  • Like 1

I have a feeling you have been somewhat unlucky, and very lucky on other sites. What types are these other sites? Not imagine many people being sad enough to steal stamps from a stamp collector ;)

Irrespective of the forum style, if it is even remotely related to a mainstream subject, then it will attract people. you just have to go about reacting to it properly. At least you didnlt end up paying for the item and then not receiving it, or receiving it in a completely different state to what it was described as.

Unfortunately that has happened too! Paid for two batteries, not shown up! Separate transaction I bought two roto starts, one is fine, the other is knackered, the seller just ignores me!

As I said on other forums, blatchat, locostbuilders, vx22.org ...... I've been active on these for years and no issues! On here for a few weeks and multiple instances of poor etiquette! This is what drove my original post but I got accused of being a troll immediately! :(

Unfortunately that has happened too! Paid for two batteries, not shown up! Separate transaction I bought two roto starts, one is fine, the other is knackered, the seller just ignores me!

As I said on other forums, blatchat, locostbuilders, vx22.org ...... I've been active on these for years and no issues! On here for a few weeks and multiple instances of poor etiquette! This is what drove my original post but I got accused of being a troll immediately! :(

I've been on here for years and not once have I had a problem.

This is a public forum, so anybody can register and sell someone. It's your job to check their feedback and know who your buying from and decide if you trust them before handing over your hard earned cash.

The mods do their very best to keep scammers and idiots out of the forums, but occasionally one slips through.

Assad who you may have heard of repeatedly attempts to scam people under different names, but usually gets banned before he manages a transaction.

It really does suck if you have a bad deal, but luckily if you pay through Paypal you have some comeback, but like I said before if you look into the person you're buying from, you will avoid all that 99% of the time.

Sounds to me and like the others said you've had some bad luck, but please don't judge the rest of the forum by that, 99% of us are good honest people...

That is very unlucky! :shockingscary:

I hope you named, shamed, and reported said members!!!

And i hope you paid by paypal goods! in whitch case you should be able to claim back some cash..

I can understand why your upset and feel the way you do.

but I wont apologise for calling you a troll, as you did launch a generalised slander at the whole community.

Lets put that down to a poor choice of wording on your part.

but I wont apologise for calling you a troll, as you did launch a generalised slander at the whole community.

Lets put that down to a poor choice of wording on your part.

Mr Terror Trooper

I've not asked for an apology regarding your slanderous assertion that moi is a troll! :)

Lets put your 'troll' comment down to poor judgement on your part! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

you carnt tarnish the rest of the forum and the other members from one bad experience you have had..

Thats why members are suppose to get as much info on the seller as possible.. i.e Read their feedback ask if they have any ebay feedback.. if your still unsure on the deal or purchase you are making, Simple DONT GO THROUGH WITH IT ..

Alot of the members on here are genuine, honest and very trustworthy..

Can't see a single report of the transaction, nor have I received a PM about any deal or seller.

How are we supposed to help and deal with things if we're not informed of the situation?

+ a squillion

i think it bears repeating, if you have any issue at all regarding the forum, please report it. Us mods can't help if we know nothing.

Us mods know nothing.

Very true Beard, very honest of you :whistling:

(Only joking)

This has got to be one of the better moderated forums I've been on. If you've never had problems on forums then you must be in a very small minority.

One forum I was on, one of the mod's organised a group buy and then did a runner with the money - that was a bit of a shock from someone in a position of trust!! :omgblinky: