• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my first airbrush bodyshell

Outlaw Graphics

since getting back into rc cars and painting bodyshells i thought i would get an airbrush to try out, got it a couple of days ago and have just been spraying onto boxes etc whistling.gif

so i tried a few colours on some scrap lexan made a flames stencil out of card and here's what i came up with good.gif

photo1uc.jpg

photo2zyo.jpg

photo3mh.jpg

photo5rax.jpg

thanks for all the comments folks good.gif

it was my first bodyshell with an airbrush, i've done 4 prior with spray cans, i used createx paints, red, white, yellow and black, done a couple of mixtures with the red and yellow to get some oranges good.gif

will take some better pics not with my phone camera tomorrow good.gif

is it a lot easier with an airbrush?

so much easier with an airbrush mate, i'm still trying to get the hang of it but the control you have over where the paint goes is so much greater than a can, seeing as i like painting body shells it's one of my best rc related buys good.gif

so much easier with an airbrush mate, i'm still trying to get the hang of it but the control you have over where the paint goes is so much greater than a can, seeing as i like painting body shells it's one of my best rc related buys good.gif

sounds good mate! id love to have a go but i cant afford to yet

now that second one... i DO like!

what did you use on the side?? a stencil (or some type of wire mesh??)

good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

i used a combination of 2 stencils i got off ebay, hexagons over skulls good.gif

Fancy doing a hpi baja shell??

i'd give it a go yeah, but if i fluff if don't blame me whistling.gif