• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

supersavage's rally 5ive

supersavage

1 hour ago, Carpmart said:

That's very kind of you Carpmart thank you. :) I'm not sure whether It'll make any difference to the battery box issue as I think the silenced and unsilenced one is exactly the same pipe, apart from the silenced one having a extra bit on the end.

To be honest I don't think that I can blame them for the battery box issue as mine sits on a GFR radio tray and sits higher than usual. The airfilter issue is very poor as it does touch it, and fairly significantly.

• 2 weeks later...

My bartolone pipe turned up today and I'm really happy that it fits as I wasn't sure my battery box would be in the way again but there's plenty of room.

DSC_0141_zpsbd4sds93.jpg

I may send it of somewhere to get it ceramic coated if it'll come of as the angle to get at the bolts is rather extreme.

• Like 1

I took it out with the body on for brief 5mins to see where the body would rub against the tyres. This was the worst place 

DSC_0143_zpsow0nvcqu.jpg

Now I don't think that I'm going to be able to do much about this as my cage is wonky which means that the body is aswell. However I wasn't using the cage bolts so they might straighten things up a little bit.

3 hours ago, supersavage said:

I may send it of somewhere to get it ceramic coated if it'll come of as the angle to get at the bolts is rather extreme.

Ive just asked a company called Performance 1 Coatings for a quote to do my Bart pipe, I'm waiting for them to get back to me with a price tho :good:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Ive just asked a company called Performance 1 Coatings for a quote to do my Bart pipe, I'm waiting for them to get back to me with a price tho :good:

Funny that as that's the same company as I was looking at.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, supersavage said:

Funny that as that's the same company as I was looking at.

Haha, I saw some of their work on FB and thought it looked awesome, when I hear back I'll let you know the price :good:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Haha, I saw some of their work on FB and thought it looked awesome, when I hear back I'll let you know the price :good:

Yeah I was looking on their website and it looks like they do a pretty good job. That would be great thanks :good:

Here it is, 2 coats of etch primer and about 4 coats of Halfords satin black, luckily I had all the paints left over from my last scaler project 

image_zpsec0pbwv2.jpeg

I'll use washers between the lock washers and the mount to save damaging the paint :good:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Here it is, 2 coats of etch primer and about 4 coats of Halfords satin black, luckily I had all the paints left over from my last scaler project 

image_zpsec0pbwv2.jpeg

I'll use washers between the lock washers and the mount to save damaging the paint :good:

Looks great :yes: I've just sent them a email, so hopefully I'll get something sorted soon.

• Like 1

Superb... It looks very well proportioned running around there... Really impressed.. Ive got all the tape and shoe goo and scrim to attack my shells this weekend.

One request please.  can you put up some pics showing the attachment points to teh cage and overall where the cage and body may touch, just so I can get some more pointers as to where to tape etc.

• Like 1