• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nick's Slash 4x4 "Powered by Insanity" Project ...(MGM X-Series ESC PICS! MUST SEE!)

Nick

MGM sent me this. :lol: So I think connectors must be very important. The ESC does use crazy amounts of power though.

Time to take the deans off. :(

I does not mention anything about not using Tamiya plugs :)

• Like 2

Some good dremeling later and she's in!

Absolute monster. :lol:

gallery_267_981_79981.jpg

gallery_267_981_132391.jpg

Also got a Rustler RX box that mounts at the front, hopefully the ESC will fit in the gap between motor and servo but I'm doubting that.

Using a Traxxas Motor Plate, the Performance one, a lot thicker, should hold up well!

Just read through this thread.

Makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever to put a motor like that in anything less than a 1/5th.

A standard sized motor on 3S will be more than 99% of drivers can handle, anything more the chassis will tear itself to pieces and you'll be driving on 1/4 throttle.

So totally pointless, absolute waste of money.

And i love it :D

Subscribed and watching closely for updates :good:

Just read through this thread.

Makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever to put a motor like that in anything less than a 1/5th.

A standard sized motor on 3S will be more than 99% of drivers can handle, anything more the chassis will tear itself to pieces and you'll be driving on 1/4 throttle.

So totally pointless, absolute waste of money.

And i love it :D

:lol: That's exactly what my thoughts are.

Cheers. :good:

its simply epic, :lol:

so wheen will we see the esc?

i can't seem to find the beast you ordered :confused:

That's because it's the first one off the line. ;) They go retail in December.

I will have it Wednesday/Thursday I hope! I have a preliminary spec sheet that has photos on but I'm not allowed to show people. :lol:

kudos Nick :good:

Loving that Neu Motor, thought the 1717 motor was Big at 3.5 inches but..:confused:yours is bigger lmao :rofl:

ESC ...c'on we need to see this fella..who's going to know :P

That's not what he said!

Lol can't wait to see a video of this running, should be MAD.

Lee.

Edited by m3lyc

Did a test run just now, in the dark and wet. :lol: Video tomorrow in the day... (I hope).

It was on 3s, gearing 20/52! Very dull setup, just for testing, however...

I wish I could swear because there's only a select amount of words that could describe how insane it is. :lol: Absolutely mental. I've not had anything like this and like to think I've had some mad setups in the past (RC8Te on 6s...)

Power is ruthless. There is no feeling of resistance, it goes anywhere and everything very quickly. :rofl:

So happy with it, this is only on the MMM ESC, so can't push it. Can't wait to gear it 20/36 and put a big fat 6s in! So excited.