• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nick's Slash 4x4 "Powered by Insanity" Project ...(MGM X-Series ESC PICS! MUST SEE!)

Nick

Not sorted connectors yet carmst, will let you know once I do. :good:

Got my Pro-Line Powerstrokes today, soooooooo silky smooth, awesome shocks and will certainly help handle this beast!

As you can see I needed a change, lol, nothing was straight! God knows how I popped the alu cap off and bent shaft, lol.

med_gallery_267_981_276630.jpg

med_gallery_267_981_46945.jpg

MGM is being posted tomorrow now due to manufacturing taking a little longer than expected, should still get it before weekend.

My custom made stainless steel driveshaft is also complete. :) So will hopefully get that Thursday.

Not sorted connectors yet carmst, will let you know once I do. :good:

Got my Pro-Line Powerstrokes today, soooooooo silky smooth, awesome shocks and will certainly help handle this beast!

glad you got the shocks ok nick, i would say look after em' but i wont.

enjoy

kev

My custom driveshaft is finished! :D Very sexeh.

It's made from 10mm stainless steel, a monster. Instead of the old design that uses splines, this grubs directly onto the diff output (front) and slipper shaft. Cheers to Wol for sourcing and helping with the fabrication of it. :good:

The front diff output was twisted. :( Not done that before, so going to need a new one later on I think.

med_gallery_267_981_57290.jpg

Integy Alu/Graphite --- Traxxas Alu --- Custom Stainless

med_gallery_267_981_85345.jpg

med_gallery_267_981_108293.jpg

:good:

ESC is delayed until next week. :( It's getting a big firmware update.

Crikey, if you could send me the details so I could get one made for me too, that would be fantastic! :good: Only problem I see is that if the chassis flexes, then the stress might be transferred to the slipper shaft.

Not much I can really do but as long as I don't do landings with power the slipper shaft should last a long time. :)

I'll sort you out details matey. :good: