• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The worse RC Building vid ever!

.AJ.

Is this a spoof? I always use pliers, not sidecutters, but wrap the jaws in insulation tape. I've never left a mark yet! What a tool!

A file? That won't harm the already damaged highly polished finish that's there to protect the rubber seal.

Tool!

I get some rubber tube around the shaft then squeeze like heck with propper plyers. Those was snips he used wasn't they. It was funny him calling people dumb stupid and so on and on. Then he goes and does that lol.

I support small channels, but sometimes i cant believe they put some of the things out. 

What about drilling a hole into a small block of wood one size smaller than the shaft. Cut it in half the place both halves on the shaft and clamp on the grips. Its the long way round but shows ingenuity lol.

A peice of rubber tube works for me tho. Then i cut the tube off. 

after years of building shocks i wrap rubber around it until i can turn the end by hand or i use thin pliers right on the edge of the thread.  the reason i do this as pressure on the shock shaft can deform it even though you cannot see it. 

That was painful.

I was going to mention that he probably has some leaky shocks, but it appears he does!!

I have used side cutters, but as mentioned, JUST at the top of the rod end thread, else something inbetween good normal pliers and the shaft.

Shaft must remain smooth - obviously!!

Cringeworthy!

I'd have used different grits of sandpaper, going very fine, then with brasso at the end.... LOL!!

Al.

I've used half a paper towel folded a few times so it's nice and thick and then used regular pliers over the paper towel and had zero marks.

I rarely touch the shocks unless they really need attention so i see no point in buying a tool I'll barely use tbh.

Easiest way is to form a thread in the shock end first. I got the right size tap...but as mentioned above...using the right size bolt works too. Then..if I have to grip the shock shaft at all, I wrap it in a rag and hold it in a vice.

Side cutters.... no

File .... NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

He managed to get a lovely scar in the plating, which he repaired by filing off more plating. Genius.

Always use the right tool for any job. And this guy is a right tool for any job....The only thing he got right was that a metal file is actually used to file metal.

• Like 1

Iv never seen anything like that before (what) omg and he's showing people to do it that way, and has he actually got a pair of pliers, that was a pair of side cutters lol! Pmls! And thats not a file that he should be useing to do that job he was trying to mess up! That file he's useing there is a very course ******* file, for stuff a lot harder than a 5th scale shaft or what ever scale it was,

what a mess my mrs wouldnt have used that tackle he's using lol! :) weirdo!

Why smoking dope is not advisable when working on your rc!

Filming yourself making a stoned hash of your shock shafts and then placing it on the interweb is even less advisable.

Eating cookie dough and drinking Pepsi would have been advisable :)

my method works just as good. 

you throw all your shock parts in your mouth, fill up with oil.

gargle three times why humming the ride of the valkaris. 

7 tongue twists and a rubber band if ball rod end is stiff. 

lol i gotta get me a meaty arsed file like that bad boy. wouldnt have been so bad if he pollished those

rods again and added a slightly smaller id rubber seal. then he may not have blown shock oil from the leaking rod he marked up.

driving , meh, tracks more intune to 16th scale and smaller not 1/10th. jump spacing is wrong or they just dont dare wind that throttle open.

grip roll on a dirt track, your canber and toe needs setting along with a stiffer oil and a slighly medium spring. 

and open hard on that gas too swing the trucks arse end out and use the drift steer.

i mean chickening out mid way up the ramp, your gonna faceplant that nose into the next kicker