• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 8/8.5's owners club

Lol so i neednt of bought it yet I am still to find somewhere to race in the north east of england. I dont mind traveling a bit if there is a couple to share fuel costs as I drive a 4x4.

Your glo starter is in the post mate .

daz

no but at least you have it,

cheers mate

I'm considering the brushless conversion for my 8, but the cost puts me off a bit. However, I have a 9T hobbywing brushless system (60A esc) waiting to be fitted to a 1/10 Gravel hound.

question is ... Does anyone know if I can fit this 9T 1/10 motor/esc to the Hyper 8 brushless conversion kit. or is this a stupid idea?

I can't see that there would be enough power (3s max).

it's a way to start the conversion and get a better brushless combo later

mine is going brushless for awhile, conversion kit half fitted, need to buy esc/motor/batts an shell

mine is going brushless for awhile, conversion kit half fitted, need to buy esc/motor/batts an shell

:P

Beat ya too it:

Photo0268.jpg

95% Done just need pinion and a fasten a few things down, and then paint my shell at the weekend

phil does your shell still fit with 4s pack?

I dont have a 4s at the moment, they are coming in the post.

Gonna cut the battery box tonight to allow the the wires to come out the side. Then I will stick the shell on, and judge if it will fit 4s

I'm enjoying learning about Nitro but I can only see me going brushless later this year.

is that the Ansmann conversion kit mate?

yes it is but the the cheaper hong kong one, but exactly the same

it's just a matter of getting the brushless funds together and signed off now (could still be a while)

I fitted a 9T brushless in my Tamiya Gravel hound (DF02) on friday, it is amazing, a little rocket. only on 2S too, OK so it is very light but still flies. Probably sometime before the summer.

just turn it on and it is ready to go, no faff at all.