• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Need a back pack for a Summit

Dust Cloud

OK so I bought a Traxxas Summit and it was immediately apparent it is really boring running around the lawn.

Yesterday I took it on an epic journey up a hillside trail and it was a real blast. Only thing is I had to carry it around 1/2 kilometer to the start point through a muddy forest trail and it weighs 5Kg.

What I need is maybe a kit bag or something which I can throw on my back.

Anybody got any ideas?

Hiking rucksacks are way too narrow and even a large holdall is no good as it is actually harder to carry with all the weight bashing against your hips as you walk.

Ah right, so you need a large rucksack/holdall then.

This any good?

http://www.amazon.co...pd_sim_sbs_sg_2

It's 90x52x38CM and holds 100 litres.

EDIT*

I know you said you didn't want a holdall but they may be the only thing big enough

http://direct.tesco....R.205-2811.aspx

EDIT**

http://www.homebase....rolley+Holdalls

Edited by carlcurtis83

Nope don't think those are going to fit. :confused:

It's the wheel base thats the problem as holdalls and rucksacks have openings smaller than the bag.

I have a colossal holdall which easily swallows a slash 4x4 and a rustler at the same time but cant quite manage the ridiculous Summit wheelbase.

Have not actually tried taking the wheels of yet as I don't want to be assembling the truck out in the wilds but might have to go down that road.

around 1/2 kilometer ....... through a muddy forest trail

i'd have thought that would be ideal for driving it!!!

what about another set of batteries rather than a bag??

or what about a framed rucsac or a baby carrier, remove the bits you dont need (keep the frame, padded straps - hip belt) and get ingenious with plywood and velcro straps for the wheels.

I've carried 10-12 kilo kids on one of these for a good few miles in relative comfort!

Edited by zebrevo

or what about a framed rucsac or a baby carrier, remove the bits you dont need (keep the frame, padded straps - hip belt) and get ingenious with plywood and velcro straps for the wheels.

I've carried 10-12 kilo kids on one of these for a good few miles in relative comfort!

Making something might be the answer. I will be try and find a used framed rucksack at the local carboot sale make up some straps.

I was looking at an online army surplus store and even army kit bags are the wrong shape.

Thanks for the input guys. :good:

That's a really good idea, I might do that for my Revo if I can find a suitable doner framed back pack

Nope don't think those are going to fit. :confused:

It's the wheel base thats the problem as holdalls and rucksacks have openings smaller than the bag.

I have a colossal holdall which easily swallows a slash 4x4 and a rustler at the same time but cant quite manage the ridiculous Summit wheelbase.

Have not actually tried taking the wheels of yet as I don't want to be assembling the truck out in the wilds but might have to go down that road.

i have had the same problem before with wheelbase and found that simply removing the wheels and reattaching them when i get there helps me to fit it into a rather large bag. :good: