• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Confused With Which Short Course Truck To Buy?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi looking at buying a slash 4x4 ultimate just for fun and the ease of maybe putting a rally focus st shell on with some rally wheels and tyres on  anyone had problems or thoughts on anything else???

any ideas comments would be grateful

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive just bought a traxxas slash 2wd ford raptor :-) its a damm good truck, came with the xl5 esc and 12t titan motor, twas ok but not fast enough for my liking, so in went a brushless system, i can honestly say its a superb truck and i prefer it to the 4wd variant, i think its faster in a straight line as well, ive also had the hong nor sct and i loved that truck, i preffered that to the slash 4x4.

This little 2wd slash though is a stonking little truck, highly recomended.

Ive just bought a traxxas slash 2wd ford raptor :-) its a damm good truck, came with the xl5 esc and 12t titan motor, twas ok but not fast enough for my liking, so in went a brushless system, i can honestly say its a superb truck and i prefer it to the 4wd variant, i think its faster in a straight line as well, ive also had the hong nor sct and i loved that truck, i preffered that to the slash 4x4.

This little 2wd slash though is a stonking little truck, highly recomended.

Great truck, have u tried the traxxas LCG chassis yet, makes it even better

Great truck, have u tried the traxxas LCG chassis yet, makes it even better

yeah i looked at the low cg kit, seems very reasonable at 30 something quid, i will be getting one very soon, some rpm arms as well to boot, the only problem i was thinking was the battery compartment size on the low cg kit, is it the same size as the stock chassis, reason being is my 3lipos are 5500mah jobs and just about fit at the moment, is it the exact same size do you know?

• 1 month later...

What about the uber cheap Helion Volition?

I'm going through a massive upgrade mission on it, but stock it is not bad, and can handle Lipo, and brushless (both of which I now have)

Also after I stripped the spur, I put in an SC10 spur + slipper, as it is slightly better than the stock.

What about the Tekno sct410, 4 wheel drive shortcourse, cheaper then the Losi scte, 100% stronger and better built, (based on 1/8 buggy) spares easily available (Tekno & Europe, 4 days), build quality is truly awesome. I have a Tekin gen2 esc and pro4hd 4300 motor in mine, runs on nanotech 6600 2s, & smc 7200 lipos, brilliant truck, use mine for racing not bashing, but no reason why you can't bash with it.

• 6 months later...

Turnigy SCT V2 2WD KIT 

is the above any good, i cant afford a slash or other expensive shizzle, but i found this back in stock and for like 50-60 quid its cheap for a kit

idea would be a cheap 60a esc, and running a 3s 5000mah 20c , and cheap motor. coupled to a dx6i and full range rx

this is a no balls to the wall basher, yeah its gonna jump but as in race style and more to carry speed not slow the pace down.

its also 2wd so means a slipper drive and no front diff to care about .

ideas it sounds nice looks ok and nodoubt a clone of something'ish so help !!

3S probably wouldn't be advisable, especially on that HK 60a ESC... For a 2WD SCT, go for a slightly higher kv motor and stick with 2s.

Not only will it keep the weight down, but you won't rip a hole in your drivetrain after a single run lol.

Afraid I can't comment on how tough they are as I've not used one, but that would be my advice regarding electrics.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
On 13/11/2017 at 22:00, Fly In My Soup said:

This stickied thread is very outdated, any way of adding more models to the o.p

i agree. it really does need updating. 

• Like 2

• Nick unpinned this topic