• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My R/Cs

Kpowell911

Great growing collection and as per your status i do agree with moving a few Traxxas models to a, make room and b, help fund the hobby what with a youngster en route.

I really have the itch to build a new tamiya, the M-06 porsche is not going to plan so i may move that on, i have it in my head i want to build the new MF-01x Fiat 131 mirafiori rally car and even try to paint it box art, maybe go brushless and try to find some aftermarket shocks that really do work

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

Great growing collection and as per your status i do agree with moving a few Traxxas models to a, make room and b, help fund the hobby what with a youngster en route.

I really have the itch to build a new tamiya, the M-06 porsche is not going to plan so i may move that on, i have it in my head i want to build the new MF-01x Fiat 131 mirafiori rally car and even try to paint it box art, maybe go brushless and try to find some aftermarket shocks that really do work

Thats a shame. Whats up with the Porsche?

Its a bit of a silly thing, the chassis is great, but the body wants smaller m class wheels and it came with a set but only 2 wheel nuts, these are special MST ones and only place i can find them is a shop in Netherlands and will cost yes your reading this right about 30 euro shipped, so i decided to cut the arches to clear slightly bigger wheels now it just dont look right 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

Its a bit of a silly thing, the chassis is great, but the body wants smaller m class wheels and it came with a set but only 2 wheel nuts, these are special MST ones and only place i can find them is a shop in Netherlands and will cost yes your reading this right about 30 euro shipped, so i decided to cut the arches to clear slightly bigger wheels now it just dont look right 

No I can understand that, things like that get to me too and really put me off an RC haha. Hope you sort it

• Like 2

So that leaves me looking like this from a Tamiya point of view. Ignore the TRX4, that will move to the Traxxas shelving when space allows:

ryQzONr.jpeg

it upsets me the TA-04 Loctite GTR is a new in box..... I really want to build it and get it dispalyed next to the Xanavi..... but thats kinda taboo! Also have an Avante Black NIB thats not in the pic....

Getting there 🙂

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Blimey not updated for a while soooo.

Added an Avante 2022

LXKNbQj.jpeg

A 45th Anniversary Porsche 934 RSR

SyLLoTi.jpeg

an RC10CC

aiiegAA.jpg

My Girlfriend got me an Avante Black Edition for Christmas

NrX45Gk.jpg

So we now look like this + the Traxxas’

nQTmm1u.jpeg

• Like 2

That’s a stunning collection mate.

some beautiful models there. Wish i had the room to do something like that. Just for balance though, a pic of the Traxxas shelf would be great :good:

1 hour ago, Gaz! said:

That’s a stunning collection mate.

some beautiful models there. Wish i had the room to do something like that. Just for balance though, a pic of the Traxxas shelf would be great :good:

Ill get a snap of Traxxas stuff when I get 5. Its not as impressive as the Tamiya’s now haha 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Expensive, unless youre an older Tamiya Nut who ran something similar as a kid,Id look elsewhere

I guess one isnt becoming a Tamiya Nut, and not an old one yet! 😬

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, locky said:

I guess one isnt becoming a Tamiya Nut, and not an old one yet! 😬

Haha, Im 37, but had a Tamiya aged maybe 7? So Tamiya has kinda come back to me. I really went off Tamiya, you can find my posts from years ago moaning about Tamiya. I cannot stress how much everything Im buying lately is ‘for me’. Its the RCs childhood me saw in magazines, or Beatties. Its the RC Models of cars I used in computer games as a lad. Guessing this is my midlife crisis 

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Haha 1

I've sold a few, and got a few for sale, but added a 58170 Supra!

ZBoyd8h.jpeg

Team Castrol

RgxpMKM.jpeg

Gran Turismo Vibes

eBSCDZz.jpeg

Bottom left two are for sale, as well as the TL-01 Supra. IF they sell ok, Ill be on the hunt for an NSX and then some Porsches....

KrLSoWe.jpeg

• Like 2