• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hows your year been 4

4x4 freak

That is why we should have [sarcasm] inputs lol.

I was inly joking.

i know :lol: as was i :lol:

dodgy, :rofl:

Iain

whistling.gif wat could that mean Iain?? btw, i consider companionship a long term thing, not one night stands whistling.gifwhistling.gif

my year was an absolute nightmare had a few thing go right though

good bits

-finding out i was going to be a dad again

-my son being born in September

-my 10yr old boy won player of the year at his local football club

-had some brilliant petrol cars

bad bits

-having a hart attack at the wheel of my car and crashed it

-my baby son being born with only one hand has a right hand but no left (now that was a shock)

-finding my cat dead after some scrote shot it

well there the bits that have stuck in my mind

Good:

Been back in work after ages of unemployment

New work mates

Getting the baja

My new Niece Millie Leigh born on 26th November 2009

Lost 4 inches from my waist

Christmas is 21 days away

Bad:

Cost of keeping the baja in check

Buying the wifes eternity ring....

This has been my worst year for a long time,talk about a rough ride,it seems as though it was one thing after another,well i'm still here so thats the important thing and things are starting to look up...biggrin.gif

Good points..

I've finally got a Sanwa/Airtronics M8 with Spekkie module,

New Acer 6935G laptop,

All my bills are sorted I think,

The Bajas starting to get closer to where I want it,

The wife and kids are all good,

The amount of help and well wishes from members and friends on here (God bless you all),

Best thing,i'm officially in remission with my illness....

Bad points...

Undergoing the treatment for my illness,

Missing the last few TM bashes,

Getting bleeding Pneumonia for the umpteenth time was worst thing,

Not finding a good car or selling my GPz750...

Ahh, I love Phil, always takes the time to come back to home and make this thread. :D

Good

• Leaving my warhouse job to become selfemployed Web developer
  • MSUK-Forum doing really well and excited for the future. :D;)
  • Getting the contract for a large Film Festival website in Cyprus
  • 21st birthday B)
  • Being HEALTHY! It's something so easily taken for granted.

Bad

• Not doing enough RC! I want to meet more of you guys! :wub:

To the guys (who appear reletively young mentioning GCSE's) classing no girlfriend as a bad point. I couldnt for the life of me get a girl to even look at me till IWas 17-18. Seriously usedto get to me. All the cool bad boy type kids got the girls, And i just wasnt one of them. Now im 22, Cant get enough attention, And I'm Going out with a beautiful girl who menas the world to me and is bessotted with me.

Dont worry about it, And for gods sake dont let it get you down, All they will do is get in the way of your R/C's ;)

Oh and join the gym, Girls love "teh musclez ;)" Seriously, best thing I ever did, Having random girls coming up to you in pubs and grabbing and touchiong your arms and cheat ;) Win :D

And t oall those with health problems, My heart goes out to you. Kinda put things in prospective, Im moaning cause Im not in my M3 yet, And theres people with serious health problems. MAkes you think :)

Edited by 19 Inch Guns

Meh, way I see it is even if you look like a 'bof' at school, you will end up with good grades and hopefully a good job as well.

And then you can look down on all the 'cool' kids when you are (hopefully) earning loads and they are empting bins for a living 'cos they messed about at school and flunked all their GCSE's.

Edited by hazza1304

To the guys (who appear reletively young mentioning GCSE's) classing no girlfriend as a bad point. I couldnt for the life of me get a girl to even look at me till IWas 17-18. Seriously usedto get to me. All the cool bad boy type kids got the girls, And i just wasnt one of them. Now im 22, Cant get enough attention, And I'm Going out with a beautiful girl who menas the world to me and is bessotted with me.

Dont worry about it, And for gods sake dont let it get you down, All they will do is get in the way of your R/C's ;)

Oh and join the gym, Girls love "teh musclez ;)" Seriously, best thing I ever did, Having random girls coming up to you in pubs and grabbing and touchiong your arms and cheat ;) Win :D

And t oall those with health problems, My heart goes out to you. Kinda put things in prospective, Im moaning cause Im not in my M3 yet, And theres people with serious health problems. MAkes you think :)

I'm the kind of person who wouldn't be seen dead in a gym. I'm doing Badminton training right now and its tough but am bulking up already from it, its quite intense but as well as cutting back on crappy foods it does help.

I'm the kind of person who wouldn't be seen dead in a gym. I'm doing Badminton training right now and its tough but am bulking up already from it, its quite intense but as well as cutting back on crappy foods it does help.

nor was i.

I had cerebal palsy when born, Couldnt walk till I was 3, Had to wear Special shoes for school, Physiotherapy weekly, Couldnt run till i was 8 or 9, And didnt do PE at all. No going out playing football either.

Joined a gym to lose weight, Got addicted to the pump, Now im In a gym 6 days a week Squatting 130kg for reps,

Ahh, I love Phil, always takes the time to come back to home and make this thread. :D

:good:

Cheers Nick,

As said the RC drive is 0% at the momement but still come on here and check the News out etc,

Have had a great year overall just would like to be a bit further on in life so to speak,

:)

S2000 more then makes me smile every day though so well happy

Good

• FINALLY got an Amateur Radio base transciever (yaesu ft7800e, its actually a mobile radio but im using it as a base) after 3 years of been licensed.
  • My half brother leaving. Some of you may say that's bad but it was impossible to love him, he was the biggest idiot (id like to use a swear word but meh) I had ever met in my life.
  • Refurbishing bedroom, after gaining the space because my half brother left. Its awesome now :).
  • Finally getting settled with 2 RC's that I really do want to keep for a long time - The X1 CR and LSP. Not sure about the others though.
  • Memory foam mattress. Best thing I ever slept on.
  • Getting my knees sorted, turns out I have flat feet, these special insoles sort them out :).
  • Getting dismissed unfairly then getting my job back, THAT was funny.
  • Starting to lose weight since my half brother left, used to comfort eat, now really cutting down. He only left a month ago and ive already lost 8 pounds :D.
  • Getting to big bashes, have an absolutely awesome time with you mad lot haha.
  • My family, they mean the world to me.

Bad

• Half brother making me so angry I destroyed mobile phones. Godknows how many ive been through.
  • Fed up of been treated like a 5 year old at work. But theres nothing else going :(.
  • Spending wayyyyy too much cash on RCs. Must get drivers license.
  • No girlfriend, bit bored of been single now, godknows when I last had a female companion.
  • Dad having 2 heart attacks and getting diagnosed with angina :(.

Overall a good year, defo best in last few years.

Edited by m3lyc

Well 2009 has been a realy realy good year :D

Good

found a good job i liked

Made more mates at school thinking that we should all stick together anyways no matter if your goth/chav or normal

Gran moved to a bigger house

Met all nice people on forum

Got PROPERLY into rc, no more argos junk

Met Keenan + billy + perruzo + Hoss And alot more, wich are truely awesome bunch of lads

Sky + HD

New computer

Interview at college

Went on holiday to spain

Dog is in good health and seen the year out (bless her 15 )

Bad

Had 2 computers brake in 1 year

GCSE's

Not as much work as i hoped for

Thats it realy :)

2009 BEEN a Great year so fars :D

hmm...

Strange year for me...

I wouldnt normally drag my past up on a Public forum, but reading this topic has compelled me to comment.

2008 and 2009 have been literally the worst years of my life! spent nearly 12 of the last 24 months unemployed or in hospital.

in the previous 10 years spent a grand total of 9 weeks unemployed, so a big downer for me!!!

So many times, ive thought, "things cant get any worse" and they have... had plenty of luck, none of it good...

Ive even been in tears on occasion.

Only solid rock in my life is my GF who i love dearly and loves me..

Anyway, lets get onto 2009

Good:-

• Went to my first TM bash and loved it!! (Comeback.)
  • Met some awesome new friends thanks to this hobby (in particular FreakyDan1)
  • Had an awesome time at Europes biggest paitball game
  • Gave up smoking.

Bad:-
  • My bussiness failed and i lost everything.
  • Years of hard work and self funded training culmanating in unemployment or agency factory temp work.
  • had MRSA.
  • Have an ongoing legal battle with a thieving ex landlord.
  • Certain friends who i was there for in their hour of need didnt repay the favour and were just users.
  • Ended up sharing a 1 bedroom flat with 2 other people.
  • Savings dwindled away to nothing.
  • Everything i did or tried to get out of my problems backfired.
  • GF lost a baby.

However...

Now.. Things are strangely looking up!!!!

Just moved into bigger premises...

Found a way to get my Gas quals without having to work with an engineer so have forked out

good:

leaving one of the worst school in the country

going to one of the best schools in the country

getting decent GCSE's

making great friends in my new school

finding out im finally getting pocket money :D

becomeing an MSUK supporter

winning my first tennis competition (the first one i entered :P)

climbing mt kilimanjaro

bad:

finding out theres a bunch of chavs after me :S

breaking my ribs and giving up fencing

breaking my leg and giving up raceing

sprained my wrist and couldnt play tennis for half the year

years got better as it went on... started off terrible and now im rather happy, next year should be a bit of fun and hopefully year 13 will be too, then after that uni and my education, will be complete :D

Good:

Started crawling competitively

Got a job that pays okay

Bought a Losi comp Crawler

Got a laptop

Got an xbox 360

Bad:

Got some awful gcses - ones i just couldnt be arsed doing....:ph34r:

Might be leaving college after christmas

Spending over £700 on an axial:rolleyes:

Losing my dog, at the grand age of 19...:022:

Im sure there's more,:huh: