• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Photography!

richhrly

Was at BMW Festival today in Gaydon and was really glad I went even though I overslept and missed my ride so had to go up myself. Some amazing classics there.

9537490891_e4a07183ae_c.jpg

9537488061_308175a8a2_c.jpg

9537487703_c61a26ec9c_c.jpg

9537490473_a1cc6d1bbb_c.jpg

More plans to turn this into BMW enthusiasts wallpapers.

First test shot from home studio setup First two images help visualise the layout, the third shot is the end result. 1st client in two weeks and half a dozen arranged for after that. Clients will replace the bunny, he was the only thing available for the test shot :D Note - this was a quick dirty setup, the final layout will have the background attached to the backdrop stand with manfrotto super clamps. 9555496467_ce740f9489_o.jpg Studio layout 1 by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr 9555496181_ac94a2a158_o.jpg Studio layout 2 by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr 9555493971_07b2c67de8_o.jpg Studio test 1 by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Edited by stupar

Looks really smart! You should start photographing kids toys ;)

Ps. loving the big octagonal, what one is it?

Ha ha yeah babies/toddlers and toys.

The octabox is 120cm version by Bessel. Double diffused with grid (if needed)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

have not been able to upload to flickr for the past god knows how long.

just hangs, last time i left pc for 6hrs and still no upload.

now i have shifted to imgur

that teddy shot is wicked, and thank you for showing how you set a home studio up.

would like to grab a few decent shots of my cabin cruiser once i finished the construction

and found someone to rip me some .5mm thick cherry wood planks.

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

Nice, one tip I would give you when taking watch photos. Have the hands at 10 and 2 with the second hand around the 6 mark. I found when working for a company it was their requirement and when digging a little further, nearly all companies do the same.

Still a mighty fine looking watch!

Nice, one tip I would give you when taking watch photos. Have the hands at 10 and 2 with the second hand around the 6 mark. I found when working for a company it was their requirement and when digging a little further, nearly all companies do the same.

Still a mighty fine looking watch!

Yeah, I saw that but chose to ignore it - I couldn't be bothered unsetting the time just for the sake of mucking about :P

Wow I wish I could snap like you richhrly :( Its just so brilliant. Thought I'd give it a go myself on my holiday to Barmouth. Usually get loads of Sea kings, Hercules and Hawk T1's from the RAF base in Anglesey but for the first time in years that I remember nothing flew over for more than 2 weeks :( Best I got was that air ambulance, which was fun but wanted some a little different. Quite happy with it though because i've been struggling a little moving away from having the camera on auto, and having my own manual set ups :)

f19x.jpg

That's good Danny, although looks a little underexposed. When shooting aircraft I tend to dial in anything from +1/3rd to +1.5 stops over. Also, for helicopters you want a nice slow shutter speed in order to get rotor blur. 1/160th is a nice place to start with helis, for planes with props 1/250th is a good option.

eg:

1/60th

9341511625_7f738892b9_c.jpg

1/125

9341470189_a9d6f75c8d_c.jpg
  • Like 2