• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hyper 7 tq slight steering problem (not servo)

nick19800

Ive basically just bought a hyper 7 tq sport and ran it in today along with some slight tuning and i cant beleive how fast this thing is but anyway the problem i got is the car is pulling to left slightly and ive got both trims all the way round and its still pulling,i was wondering wether theres a way of adjusting the arms to straighten it up, I thought i would ask instead of doing it just incase.

Cheers

Nick

If its down to the servo then you can just unscrew the top arm on the servo and move it around a notch or two. You will probably have to change that servo at some point anyway as they are pretty poor. Mine lasted 3 weeks before the tetth on the plastic cogs in the servo got shredded off.

Langy

Well ive got a high torque steering servo already just incase or more to the point when it breaks so you reckon its more than likely down to that, is there no adjustment in the front arms for example if one is longer than the other couldnt that cause to pull one way.

Also is there an upgrade for the brake as it stops but was wondering wether it could stop any better if you know what i mean.

There is Cradock brakes

There meant to be very strong

There is anti lock and normal i think

There is the double brake setup kit :)

And Jespares have a version - no idea what it is tho

But the hypers stock setup is pretty good if setup correctly....

Ziggy

With your steering you should have adjustable front turnbuckles. You can adjust them to make sure they are the same length, but if you have used your trim to it's full extent then it's more likely that the arm on your servo isn't positioned correctly. This doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the servo itself. Just turn your radio and car electrics on, pop the servo arm off, adjust the front wheels so they are pointing forwards and pop the servo arm back on. It must be way off if you can't get it back using your trim.

With your steering you should have adjustable front turnbuckles. You can adjust them to make sure they are the same length, but if you have used your trim to it's full extent then it's more likely that the arm on your servo isn't positioned correctly. This doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the servo itself. Just turn your radio and car electrics on, pop the servo arm off, adjust the front wheels so they are pointing forwards and pop the servo arm back on. It must be way off if you can't get it back using your trim.

Good tip there thanks.

I have the same problem, trim is all the way too the right and it keeps goning slightly left so I'll follow your advice. Another question. One of the wheels is slightly off as well, as in they dont both line up is that right? How do I correct it if it isn't?

:helpsmilie:

Thanks

Carabus

P.S. Sorry to hijack the thread

Good tip there thanks.

I have the same problem, trim is all the way too the right and it keeps goning slightly left so I'll follow your advice. Another question. One of the wheels is slightly off as well, as in they dont both line up is that right? How do I correct it if it isn't?

:helpsmilie:

Thanks

Carabus

P.S. Sorry to hijack the thread

This may well be pretty standard. Went to a local track yesterday and the rear wheels looked like they had quite an alignment problem. This was on purpose as it aided handling.

Someone will give some better advise on here for options but if you search the forums there are some links somewhere on the different setups you can take and to what results you get.

Langy

Sounds as though you are talking toe in and toe out. Usually the front of the rear wheels with an off road car point slightly inwards towards each other. This helps to get the traction to move the thing forward as quickly as possible. On the front wheels you often find a little toe out with off road cars. This means the front of the wheels will be pointing outward very slightly. Toe out on the front wheels means the initial turn in is much sharper whereas toe in means better high speed stability but a poorer initial turn in. If the angle of toe is different from say the left to right wheel on the front end it will simply result in the car pulling to the side of whichever has the most outward toe.

Sounds as though you are talking toe in and toe out. Usually the front of the rear wheels with an off road car point slightly inwards towards each other. This helps to get the traction to move the thing forward as quickly as possible. On the front wheels you often find a little toe out with off road cars. This means the front of the wheels will be pointing outward very slightly. Toe out on the front wheels means the initial turn in is much sharper whereas toe in means better high speed stability but a poorer initial turn in. If the angle of toe is different from say the left to right wheel on the front end it will simply result in the car pulling to the side of whichever has the most outward toe.

Appriciate your answers guys, but I was refereing to the two front wheels not the rear..

If one is adjusted straight the other is not inline and the steering trim is fully to the right and the car steers to the left.

:(

ok, imagine these two lines l l are your fronth wheels viewed from the top with the front of the wheels pointing to the top of the screen. \ / is toe out. / \ is toe in. If they are like this \ l then the car will turn left. If like this l / the car will go right. If it's doing that and the trim on your transmitter won't get them straight you need to remove the servo horn as described previously and get them at the same angle. Then to adjust toe in or out use your adjustable turnbuckles.

Edited by RCChris

I just took the wheels off and you can quite blatantly tell that the toe is out on both wheels so ive adjusted both wheels and gonna take it out in a bit and see whats happening but now at least they actually look straight. we'll see in a bit

cheers

You already have the proper setup there then.

You just need to change fine tune the direction on the fronts on your controller so you get a slight \ / for the fronts. If you can't adjust anymore then alight the arm on the servo.

This setup will give better steering and better traction.

Langy