• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

When are you too old for RC'ing...?

Virdi

I'm 29 and when my dad see's me fixing up my cars - He always says:

'Aren't you a bit old for all that??' :rolleyes:

Well I'm 24 and just starting and my wife is 28 and she is starting with me!!

As long as its fun your never too old!!

Hey it could be worse :P u could be doing a full scale racing where time is limitied :)

Rc's is a matter of opinion :) Me i say Bring it on :) People are still working with rcs in there older age, its a good market and income in some places

Ziggy

your neaver to old everyone needs a hobby to vent frustration and keep the mind busy i know people in there 70s using RC it gets them out of the house to meet new people and enjoy them self. your neaver to old to enjoy life and if racing RC is what you enjoy then why the hell should you stop doing something you enjoy

I'm 40 years young and still get more enjoyment out of RC than any other pastime,so many variables and possibillities you can never be too old for this game mate as there's always another avenue to which you may want to try.... :)

NEVER!

Some people will ask the inevitable question of "Aren't you too old for that?" but they tend to be the people who know sod all!

I don't know your dad (I don't think) so I can't specifically comment in this instance.

:good:

One word, never :lol: im 31 and love it and my son is already mad for it on my havoc and he's only 3, so im going to be dong it for a long time an never intend on stopping ;)

marty :)

my grandad is close to 80 and he still flys rc planes and builds rc boats hes who got me into rc, personally i think your too old when you cant hold a transmitter any more :lol:

Live your life the way YOU want to not how people expect !

I'm 27 (today in fact) and im never gonna grow up ! not like peter pan style but, whats the point in being boring just cos thats what people expect ya to do !

Viva la RC !

happy birthday danny b.

I think the day i stop will be the day i am put 6 foot under.

personally i think your too old when you cant hold a transmitter any more :lol:

Ye, but you can get a neck strap to hold it for you! :D

And I'm sure you could learn to drive/fly with your feet :lol:

I'm never going to pack rc in unless I become a complete cripple (i.e. paralysed), when I die or have severely bad look & give up all hope! :good:

Why give up, there are too many past times out there that you have to give up when you grow older but RC doesn't have to be one of them. I used to live near to the old roydon aerodrome and theyfly RC planes and copters up there most sundays and there was one guyy who used to be in a wheelchair and he was still loving it and he must have been 60 if he was a day.

I'm 32 and I still love my RC.

Edited by OriginalJoker

:P i'm 15 and i love it, hope i continue it for as long as i live, only thing that limits me is trying to run the hobby on pocket money prices, but i seem to do alright :) (3 cars)

true, im only going to give up when im dead although i'm still considering having the odd bash as a zombie :P