• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

2 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Show us your reply 😂

Sadly cant leave a review but they are getting a stern Google review. That’ll show them! 🤣

Joking apart. A hobby like ours needs support and the shops need our support in this wonderful time we live in. They dont help themselves giving shoddy service.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, totlxtc said:

Sadly cant leave a review but they are getting a stern Google review. That’ll show them! 🤣

Joking apart. A hobby like ours needs support and the shops need our support in this wonderful time we live in. They dont help themselves giving shoddy service.

It's an odd one, I find that some of the smaller shops don't think that customers service is all that important however when you look at modelsport or MB models they both offer 10/10 service, I guess that's why they are two of the biggest shops in the UK. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alex97 said:

It's an odd one, I find that some of the smaller shops don't think that customers service is all that important however when you look at modelsport or MB models they both offer 10/10 service, I guess that's why they are two of the biggest shops in the UK. 

Can agree on that one. Howes models, my nearest shop by a long way has a terrible rep for rudeness and generally being unhelpful.

Oh well. It's over now. Paypal refunded me straight away and they have a nice shiny new Google review.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Some XT30's for my M2 Evo. These things are tiny!

Going to make an adaptor cable to charge the LiPo's as I don't want to solder these tiny things to my chargers balance board.

Wireless dongle for my NX8. Not fond of being on a cable whilst being on the flight sim.

New combo for the MT10 - Mamba X - 1412 3200kv motor.

13T 5mm bore pinion.

spacer.png

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

The wireless dongle for the flight sim is great :good:

What sim are you using ?

I didn't want to keep plugging into the back of the Tx, will just wear the port out.

With the dongle I can also stand.

I'm using AccuRC 2. I had neXt years ago but I've lost my key for it :boohoo:

• Like 2

OK. So I missed a post from RC Disco yesterday as I was at work. So sticking my shoes on the postie came along and gave me this...

IMG_2201.thumb.jpg.49b2633b1a58069923495f3ddfdce145.jpg

Last contact with the seller was on the 9th feb when they said they were "Sending it out today!". Annoyingly I actually ordered one from Wheelspin just last night...so had to cancel that. 

Anyway. Picked up the bits for the arrival of the new bodies. Got some other stickers coming but its a pain as one shop does not sell all so just stocking up.

IMG_2202.thumb.jpg.e0d08044a7c6a33d25f42cbb84874d4a.jpg

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

very nice mate and let us know how it performs :good:

So far so good, I have removed the stock electronics and added a 1060 ESC so I can use my own controller. Once you remove the break jump lead from the ESC you get 100% drag break, from playing around inside it works really well. 

The shocks were pretty much dry so after refilling them with slightly heavier oil it feels a lot better. I also reckon that I'll swap the servo out as they are known for being 💩

Edited by Alex97

Few things:

5YTBSaI.jpeg

1. Traxxas Pit Mat. £33 I didnt need to spend but I keep seeing it in I think @Gaz! posts. So its his fault. Kinda regretting black however haha. 

2. Gens Ace 5000mah 3S Lipo. Ive had two of these fail on me recently, leaving me with 1. I didnt wanna buy any again but this is the most sensible option as I now have a pair to fit in my UDR and the Sledge. My other 3S ones are too big 😕

3. Alloy Bead locks for the TRX4, tyre recommendations?

4. Noble NB4 RX. Could find any in stock, and didnt wanna wait as its going in something special (to me). It came from Amazon Prime, within 18 hours. Unfortunately, it was £39.99 but hey

• Like 2