• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

Yesterday he brought me some bike bits and today I picked up some tubes and gear cable

20160419_112653_zps3hiowoij.jpg

20160419_120122_zpsqum43yld.jpg

Tomorrow is the day I've been waiting for... new (used) wheels and the build can begin! 

Edited by everclear1984
  • Like 1

2 x 6000mah Zippy 35c Lipo's and XT-60 connectors, now to change the Deans on my Bomber to XT-60 and batteries are for my TT-01 builds :) going to get some ridiculous run times.

Edited by ostewart
  • Like 1

2 x 6000mah Zippy 35c Lipo's and XT-60 connectors, now to change the Deans on my Bomber to XT-60 and batteries are for my TT-01 builds [emoji4] going to get some ridiculous run times.

i have done the same to my deans lately and i much prefer to solder the xt60 than deans soooo much easier dont you think,?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Snagged this ratty, bent and slightly knackered looking thing from ebay ( ebay photo ):

$_57.JPG

A very rare RC Solutions rollcage for the emaxx 3903/5/8 or traxxas bigblock tmaxx. I have plans for modding this to make it fit my GorillaMaxx...

Edited by suicideneil
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Wirralnitronoob said:

i have done the same to my deans lately and i much prefer to solder the xt60 than deans soooo much easier dont you think,?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easier to solder, but my main issue is disconnecting from the RR10 Bomber, XT-60s are a lot easier to get a grip on than deans, and my deans seem to be very tight. And if I have cold hands it is very difficult to disconnect the battery, and I don't want to pull on the ESC side too much as it's a pain to open up and stick back down.

Much prefer XT-60's

• Like 1

4 hours ago, suicideneil said:

Snagged this ratty, bent and slightly knackered looking thing from ebay ( ebay photo ):

$_57.JPG

A very rare RC Solutions rollcage for the emaxx 3903/5/8 or traxxas bigblock tmaxx. I have plans for modding this to make it fit my GorillaMaxx...

Is that the actual one they drove over with the truck in the original publicity for it?  !!

Al.

I had a little delivery today. A Spektrum Reciever from PBM, amazing service as usual, and some 4mm bullets.. But the next two items im urging you to buy!! both from Hobbyking and avaliable for less than £20 + postage!

Mr Jog Soldering aid. IVe struggled for so long without this!

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=35180

Trackstar Hauler Backpack. Its massive for what it is, and less than £12!!

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=66384

There must be some real gems on Hobbyking, I need to spend an hour or so going through it!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Is that the actual one they drove over with the truck in the original publicity for it?  !!

Al.

Looks like it, I'll say that much- every single piece is bent to some extent, and the bottom plate has one corner snapped off ( luckily I won't be using that part ). I'm not too worried as I have a big hammer, and I'll be doing lots of choppy-choppy work, so it'll look fabulous when I'm finished :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suicideneil said:

Looks like it, I'll say that much- every single piece is bent to some extent, and the bottom plate has one corner snapped off ( luckily I won't be using that part ). I'm not too worried as I have a big hammer, and I'll be doing lots of choppy-choppy work, so it'll look fabulous when I'm finished :D

I'm showing my age now, but I remember when they came out ...

OK, it wasn't that long ago, but the publicity was a tad ... extreme!!

Running over a Maxx or Revo with a 3-ton pick-up indeed!

Al.

4x 4s 5000 30c

2x 4s 8000 30c

2x 6s 5000 30c

rx 3600 lipo, xh adapter, 10 gauge wire, lipo bag, turnigy toolset, 1kg green abs, 500g blue abs and 10 pairs of xt 90's all from hobbyking.

Order from Modelsport

Gallon of 25% byron gen2, Pro-line Secure-loc cap kit, modelsport and byron gen2 decals, arrived next day ( and that was with the cheapest delivery option)

More to come

Allan

On 4/20/2016 at 16:51, turok007 said:

Theses from HK  £13 each

IMG_0541_zpsogadkryv.jpg

Ditto, but not as many!  Also a couple of 6200 A spec's, a motor for mini me's BZ222 and a new esc ready for my new EMB-1H - as soon as the program card arrives the build can commence.

26470210212_fa0fb822d0_o.jpg

• Like 1