• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

A delivery from

cb3afd2d3ecd2568730905f0cd1dc54c.jpg

So all excited I open it and start looking at what I've got!

845c5549b059bcb2e6e3d343edb6ff84.jpg

Centre drive cup

f32295b513bb3d4dc79944027ec1de9b.jpg

Another centre drive cup

dc59be86e266fdc000860047e358cb16.jpg

Clutch pads

d62a9fbcac2cf62f34af0ba7d3600eaf.jpg

One centre drive shaft

89dcfda389f2a70a3d26306be7aa4fee.jpg

And that's where it all starts to go a bit south.

457055a24cd4ceaa87fd10919e6dc833.jpg

That isn't a part I ordered [emoji20]

Hang on where are the diff drive cups, oh I see someone has picked the wrong part numbers (101299 v2 101229), oh well mistakes happen. Not to worry the diff isn't to bad to get out maybe I'll get the xs back together to use on Sunday and change the cups later.

Oh hang on where is the other drive shaft?

43fc25868cc2a77c1a5ba1b5696b643b.jpg

Oh it's on back order despite the website and subsequent confirmation saying it would be sent out.

Properly hacked off, so no chance of rectify this before the middle of next week.

The last time I buy direct from a model shop web site, why can't these shops get a transactional web site that displays stock levels accurately. This kind of crap service isn't unique to MS I've had it from three other well known shops in the last few months.

I've brought dozens of things on eBay and never had this, so next time rather than support model shops I'll just find the best price on eBay with free fast delivery and buy it there. It very rarely doesn't turn up and never because someone has advertised something they don't actually have. I wish I'd just done that in the first place.

Edited by Markswebpages
  • Like 1

My new pillar drill! Courier still failed to call ahead but timing worked out anyway. Now in garage on a pallet waiting for me to get time to clean it up and assemble.

Yes. They do. However, you titled the thread, thereby making Fail as strictly, owt delivered by anyone other than an official member of RM staff should not be recorded.

And today, as well as starting sentences with 'and', I am being pedantic :)

I am the puppet master, dance to my tune!!!!

Yes. They do. However, you titled the thread, thereby making Fail as strictly, owt delivered by anyone other than an official member of RM staff should not be recorded.

And today, as well as starting sentences with 'and', I am being pedantic :)

I am the puppet master, dance to my tune!!!!

Normal rules suspended on bank holidays ? Technically, they where delivered today. :D