• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

15 minutes ago, tomr said:

Mini Summit has arrived 
Full strip down and rebuild starting as soon as I’ve eaten, have tomorrow off as well so think I’ll have  a late one and get it all done in one go 😁

085FFDD2-16D7-45BD-BE0C-3D95AD208A9A.thumb.jpeg.43a6b90755589287d58e234f2c19cb34.jpeg

Nice, make a thread for the build. 

1 hour ago, Alex97 said:

Nice, make a thread for the build. 

I just might buddy 👍 I’m thinking rebuild it, run it then start a thread making it more crawler worthy? 

1 hour ago, Andy20xe said:

Love my big summit and I shall get a mini one ar some point 

Same here Andy  I’m gunna say the big Summit is the best rig I’ve ever owned and the last one I’d ever sell 👍

3 minutes ago, tomr said:

I just might buddy 👍 I’m thinking rebuild it, run it then start a thread making it more crawler worthy? 

Same here Andy  I’m gunna say the big Summit is the best rig I’ve ever owned and the last one I’d ever sell 👍

Yep same! I sold all mine a while ago and the only one left was the summit!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tomr said:

And the other I shouldn't have got rid of was the savage flux!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andy20xe said:

And the other I shouldn't have got rid of was the savage flux!! 

Yeah another one I wouldn’t sell ! I’ve still got your old Sav  it’s In good hands and well looked after 👍

5 hours ago, tomr said:

Mini Summit has arrived 
Full strip down and rebuild starting as soon as I’ve eaten, have tomorrow off as well so think I’ll have  a late one and get it all done in one go 😁

085FFDD2-16D7-45BD-BE0C-3D95AD208A9A.thumb.jpeg.43a6b90755589287d58e234f2c19cb34.jpeg

Now I want the black wheels 😞

Guys I'm a traxxas n00b, never owned one, but hear plenty about them. The way you guys speak of the Summit is very reassuring, what's great about it?

Might sound like a dumb question, but it's how I stumbled upon the other greats I've added to the collection 👍🏽

1 hour ago, Bert_w164 said:

Guys I'm a traxxas n00b, never owned one, but hear plenty about them. The way you guys speak of the Summit is very reassuring, what's great about it?

Might sound like a dumb question, but it's how I stumbled upon the other greats I've added to the collection 👍🏽

Mate, I have two Traxxas, the TRX4 and the X-Maxx, both are very strong rigs, very powerfull in stock, the spares are cheap if you know where find.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bert_w164 said:

Entirely subjective but if you like getting out on the trails, walks through forests, quarry’s , rock crawling, big hills etc the Summit can pretty much do it all .

Loads of good vids on YouTube .

Makes a nice change from all the high speed bashing and stuff that I do 👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bert_w164 said:

Errrrr Ill let you know when Ive actually used mine 😩😂😂

Bare in mind these are Mini Summits. 1/16th size, their footprint is basically an A4 sheet of paper. From what I can see, its just a “slow” Mini Revo with better articulation. I kinda collect RCs as much as use them, so when one came up cheap but needing work I grabbed it. Doubt itll get used. 

The bigger Summit is a different kettle of fish. Its classed as 10th scale, but its 1/8th really. It runs dual brushed motors, but it has loads of servos so you can do things like lock individual diffs and switch between high speed and low speed by flicking switching buttons on the TX. If Im honest in the high gear its quite fast for brushed too. 

Now all that sounds impressive but bare in mind the Summit is like 10 years old+  Doing things like locking the diff off the Tx was pretty revolutionary back then, and it Im honest, its a shame Traxxas arent really that sort of company anymore. Back in the day, they were pretty inventive and not hated like they are now (even as a Traxxas fanboy, the hate is justified IMO)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomr said:

Try and get this fella to sell just the Summit wheels 👍https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284473495048?hash=item423bf10e08:g:8e4AAOSwGJlhDnUf

Can get a brand new set of wheels and tyres off Jennys for $36, but its just a vanity thing to be honest. Yours look so much better than mine

5 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Been watching an opened box return on Amazon, noticed it had fell to a crackers price which was half the cheapest on eBay and took a chance! All seems to be present and correct 😎

🤣

How do you find these out of curiosity?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

How do you find these out of curiosity?

I was idly browsing for a C14/C24 and checked Amazon out. On those ”other people looked at” algorithm at the base of the amazon page it came up, I clicked out of curiosity  at the body parts set and spied a return - but direct from Amazon so took a chance! It was a 1/5th those prices proper fire sale 😉920EF153-4BAC-45C0-8203-CA71BDECCA73.thumb.jpeg.caa166ace09189f1509208c5b25ceb36.jpeg 

Edited by Shergar
  • Like 1