• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

after run oil?

Thread cleaned of argueing.... :good: No one was stating that WD40 is an absolute alternative to ARO but statements like,"ITS NOT A LUBRICANT" are just plain wrong,it is a lubricant and if you read my post above,thats taken from the wikipedia.Any substance that contains PTFE has lubricating qualities and to say it does'nt lubricate is just not true.Anyway,lets beg to differ on this subject but i've used it as a dispersant of water and as a lube for nearly 15yrs and once sat in a lecture given by Norm Larsen Jr back in the early 90's,he also stated its a lubricant too,just for the record.... :)

The WD-40 argument is brought up too often, along with the exhaust stinger argument and both are my pet hates !

Obviously ARO is built specifically for the job but dont dismiss WD-40 on what other people have said, its usually crap they heard from someone, who heard it from someone else once.

Viva la WD-40 !! its stuff from the gods ! :D

okay just got round to getting a bottle or ARO but am confused

Do you put the drops in the engine and then turn it over with the glowplug refittd or without the glow plug in?

Also will it harm my engine if there is still fuel inside when i put ARO in... Problem is i cant tell but ive tried to clear the engine of fuel i.e. Fired it up till it doesnt no more

No, you shouldn't have any fuel in the engine when you are done for the day. Put on your glow starter and start your engine, keep doing this until it no longer fires.

Then you can take the glowplug out and put ARO in. Make sure not to put to much in at once or it'll flood the engine.

if your car isnt being used for 3 or 4 days i would put some aro in.

i have also used WD40 when desperate, and it does the job ( allbeit not aswell and it doesnt last aslong as ARO).

allways leave th episton at the bottom of its stroke EVERY time the engine is stopped and let to cool...

if your using byron fuel then there probably isnt any need to use aro if your bashing every few days. dont know what its like for other fuels. this has been discussed on another forum and seems to be true with byron users. ( something to do with the oil content i believe ) saying that if unsure then just use the aro. also i would NEVER use wd-40 on my engine nor would i reccomend it! i also read somewhere its best to put aro in when the engine is still hot/warm.

I used wd-40 and my truck would be a pain to warm up and blew plugs more often

switched to aro and truck starts on the first turn norm now and dont stop till i do somthing stupid

just my experiance tho

i paid

okay,.. How do i make i sure the piston is at the bottom of the stroke?/ how do i make be at the bottom?

remove your glow plug, look down the hole where the plug was and turn the flywheel by hand. You will see the piston going up/down, you'll see when it gets to the bottom.

remove your glow plug, look down the hole where the plug was and turn the flywheel by hand. You will see the piston going up/down, you'll see when it gets to the bottom.

we have an old kyosho rally car from like the 90s and my dad used to run it and never used aro oil once, it was left standing for over a year, popped in a new glowplug and got her running fine! still wudnt risk it though but for an old engine its still great even shiny and no corrosion whenyou look inside!

okay,.. How do i make i sure the piston is at the bottom of the stroke?/ how do i make be at the bottom?

a good tip to save you having to take the glow plug out to check if the piston is at bdc, do as mentioned already and take the glow plug out, make sure its at bdc, then get a marker pen, or even some nail varnish, and make a small mark on the flywheel, this way you will know where bdc is, especially handy when using a starter box!!!

also, you need the piston at bdc as it lets the aro flow through the engine, it needs to get to the bearings so having it at the top means the aro wont flow to the parts it needs to reach!!! :)

twas stored in our garage in a bag with fuel etc it was maybe longer than that as well as my dad used to go out a lot with it then had it sat and never used it for bloomin ages! i put my glowstarter in the top while in my room a few years ago, (which was my first time with a nitro) cranked her over first couple of fuels and it just about went on a few pulls! i was really excited so took it outside and of she went!!