• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How can i

jammybiffa

I might be wrong but if my brain serves me right im sure the 4.1 has the same block as the 3.5 and i've seen it on the net saying although the block says 3.5 on the casing it is a 4.1, so obviously they have made the sleeve thinner for a bigger piston.

As i said i might be wrong but im pretty certain im correct.

marty :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys

how can i tell if my engine is a hpi f3.5 or a f4.1 :helpsmilie:

Regaurds

James.

Still have this same problem :confused: There are no markings on crank case (except hpi) :rolleyes:

The problem i have now is that it needs a new under head :shockingscary: I can only order once i know which engine this is :helpsmilie:

bollox... google hpi!!!! then click their support page and email them ,,,, tell them your rc details and the size of the liner and they should be able to help ya ... in my experience .... take it to the top thats what they get paid for

p.s. sorry if this undermines anyone but its just my opinion

bollox... google hpi!!!! then click their support page and email them ,,,, tell them your rc details and the size of the liner and they should be able to help ya ... in my experience .... take it to the top thats what they get paid for

p.s. sorry if this undermines anyone but its just my opinion

I emailed there tech support yesterday.I will have to be patient and wait for there reply.

Mean while im going to give myself some (IT) lessons :shockingscary: lets see if i can get some pics up on this site :lol:

f6970rk1.jpg

Edited by jammybiffa

I just received a new 4.1 in exchange for a my broken Hot Bodies engine, and it has the same purple head as yours, If that helps.

Thats the problem,i brought the car second hand & it was advertised as a nitrostar f3.5 engine.

I have been on HPI website & it looks nothing like it :shockingscary: but it looks the same as the f4.1 :unsure:

So until i work out which one it is i can't order the part i need :angry:

Thanks for the reply tho :good:

The 3.5 has a black head and purple on the 4.1.Thats from all the ones ive seen... :)

Yeah i have spent all day looking through images of both & are 90% sure its a 4.1 :boredlook:

Just that if i order the part for a 4.1 & its 3.5 i have wasted my money :rolleyes: tho having spent all today its worth £12 to find out <_<

Edited by jammybiffa