• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TLR Tuned LMT Build

.AJ.

What a kit, I can see why it’s so expensive now, I didn’t realise all the cross bracing were aluminium 

IMG_0395.thumb.jpeg.abd1c42c6aa9e38d00b8ee89205016c4.jpeg

Ive also built the shocks and diffs, they are all standard 1/8 buggy sized stuff 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Quick lowdown 

No issues with the kit what so ever, no missing screws, no faulty parts and the sway bars definitely don’t hit the chassis, I asked a Losi factory guy on FB if the kit had been updated and all he said was the QC was increased at the factory but no parts have been changed since the original release… Make of that what you will..

Only complaint is the manual can be a bit vague in places and the pictures can be hard to work out

Edited by .AJ.
  • Like 1

I’m not a fan of the battery box or radio tray, so first job is find something different, the battery box just looks like a after thought to me and not very in keeping with a high end kit, the radio tray I’ll probably trim off all the excess parts and stick a thin sheet of carbon over the top…

I need to source a servo saver, I’ll probably go for the Vitavon one with a alloy steering link set up, 

IMG_4671.thumb.jpeg.f68201a9ea5a7c44db01f1c9648c447a.jpeg

Ive put a small order in at Amain’s for a set of JC beadlock rings and the JC 17mm hex conversion 

IMG_4672.thumb.jpeg.4e41cc5d16d644d17f27f3298da34570.jpeg

That’s about it for now, I need to top up the hobby fund asap 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

That looks amazing mate, typical classic AJ build! How much did this work out at for the kit?

Too much 🤣🤣🤣

About £600 all in, I sold a expensive air pistol I wasn’t using much to lighten the damage 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Too much 🤣🤣🤣

About £600 all in, I sold a expensive air pistol I wasn’t using much to lighten the damage 😂

To be fair it does look magnificent I just wondered if they had randomly gone on an Amazon offer like the Arrma Infractions a while back. Was this TLR LMT not available in the UK or did I just make that up?

Found a much nicer battery tray

IMG_4691.webp.e941e77db05ff0881c66f022f6ed5502.webp

IMG_4659.thumb.jpeg.58feafe91a8d483034811d28e778393c.jpeg

I will probably need to drill 2 new holes in the side plates, the TLR version has the stock mount holes drilled lower, but I’ll make it work 👍 

• Like 3