• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which radio should I buy?

TommyC

I’m looking for a wheel type controller with model memory for under £100. I’ve narrowed it down to the Flysky gt5 and radio link rc6gs. I’m leaning toward the gt5 as it’s cheaper and I think it looks better! But I can get a radio link same delivery on Amazon. Is there any reason the radio link would be better? Also the Flysky receivers seem to be cheaper.

or does anyone have an alternative suggestion?

Edited by TommyC
  • Like 1

I’ve had a GT5 and a Radiolink, I’ve just got a Dumbo RC DDF350 and I would pick it over both of them, I paid about £50 off Aliexpress and turned up in about 5 days 

Up to 10 channels (rx dependant) I’ve got the 6 channel version, but the extra channel are now light controllers, has some really nice settings like cruise control, winch controller etc 

IMG_4645.thumb.jpeg.2c5bd8ca766f4b3cf5899fb48c9dd087.jpegIMG_4646.thumb.jpeg.fc4d4b4ad6e09c41ea2fba05451a9cea.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TommyC said:

That does look nice. How much are the 6ch rx?

Basic 6ch are about a 5iver and the one with the light controller are still under a tenner 

• Like 1

Here is my DumboRC  X6PM-350 6 channel, i find this a lovely radio to use, all the buttons illuminate when pressed showing what channel is in use, it will do multi model but does not store so a case of binding a car to the TX if you want to change over, not all that practical but then this TX is only £23 on Banggood  i added the wide elastic bands to the wheel to assist with one handed driving

Dumbo.JPG

8 hours ago, .AJ. said:

I’ve had a GT5 and a Radiolink, I’ve just got a Dumbo RC DDF350 and I would pick it over both of them, I paid about £50 off Aliexpress and turned up in about 5 days 

Up to 10 channels (rx dependant) I’ve got the 6 channel version, but the extra channel are now light controllers, has some really nice settings like cruise control, winch controller etc 

IMG_4645.thumb.jpeg.2c5bd8ca766f4b3cf5899fb48c9dd087.jpegIMG_4646.thumb.jpeg.fc4d4b4ad6e09c41ea2fba05451a9cea.jpeg

As above I've got the same one and highly rate it. I brought another 10 recievers for my other rcs and they cost less that the price I paid for 1 for my sanwa.

• Like 1

I'm currently running the GT5 and it's been solid rx's are cheap and waterproof ones are available on aliexpress. I've recently bought the G7P as fancied an upgrade, it was £80 with 2 rx's and a lipo. I also bought the extra phone holder £20 iirc (one of the reasons i bought this as was looking for something i could attach phone//camera to for crwaling).

1 hour ago, TommyC said:

Does this differ in any way to the dumboRC?

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/absima-10-channel-radio-cr10p-24ghz-incl-receiver-1360639

looks exactly the same to me

Beat me to it I was just about to post this. Looks exactly the same other than the price. Rather save the £40 and wait 5 - 7 days from aliexpress or banggood 

• Like 2

Does the 4ch rx take the same connectors as the others? Looks like the connectors on my maverick atom which had ever so slightly different spacing on the pins than the usual black connectors.

IMG_2294.jpeg

I will certainly keep the Dumbo under consideration if my Spektrum tx decides to not play anymore 

£37  for a 2 ch rx is getting ridiculous and i wont be buying anymore Spektrum rx's