• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Servo issues

Evening guys, so I haven’t had my inferno mp9 too long and being new to the hobby I must admit I ain’t got a clue what I’m doing so it’s been a bit trial and error. Since buying it I’ve blown through 3 of the stock Kyosho KS5031 servos. Now despite the servos being listed as waterproof I’ve kinda been thinking it must be water ingress but now im beginning to wonder if it’s the 2s lihv that I’m running it on. So the receiver and servos are rated at 4.8-6v so is this the reason I’m going through servos like crazy? 
if anyone can shed any light on this I’d be grateful.

tia,

Dan

Is it the steering or the throttle servo?  Steering could the servo saver be set too tight and for either of them could the end points be set right. Power hd servos have always done me well in the past

I’ve gone through 2 throttle and 1 steering. I’ve since replaced the steering with a corally varioprop which seems to be holding up well but after a bit of research, that servo is good to 7.4v but then again I don’t know if voltage is what’s causing the problem here as I’m still new to the hobby. It’s just a guess for me at this point. I’ve got some china servos on the way just to see how I get on with those as at this point I’m reluctant to spend too much on servos at the minute in case they don’t last.

Digital servos dont like being stalled

If you have the brakes to well set the servo stalls (you get a buzzing sound)

If steering endpoints arnt correctly set ie your servo is trying to turn wheels beyond what they will turn it stalls and again you get buzzing sound 

If you get the buzzing sound on either back them off a bit till buzzing stops

please dont ask how i know that lol

If the servo isnt rated for 7.4v then your 2s li rx battery is probably the reason why the servos have died, but you also need to set the servo end points, Setting end points means setting the points where the servo stops moving left or right. If the servo moves more then your steering/throttle can turn, then the servo components will be under stress causing electronics to over heat and potentially stripping gears. Your receiver also needs to be rated for 7.4v.

I know my end points are set up right. I spent a long time trying to understand how to set all that up before I started using the buggy. Ive actually set the end points a little safe if you will so there’s no strain on the servo or the buggy.