• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Battery conversion lead.

Hi All.

quick question for you all.

Just bought a Traxxas TRX4 Defender and of course it has a Traxxas ESC XL-5 with a High Current plug fitted now i dont want to use Lipo Dont ask why Im A Nimh man i dont like Lipo at all.

What i want and cant find is a battery converter cable to go from The traxxas High current to a Tamiya. its the strange shape traxxas with lipo I.D not just the trx i can see them on ebay.

I can only describe the plug has having V shaped edges  not square. pictures show below show the batter i have and want to get rid of and the connection i need on a converter.

please help where i can buy one or get one made?

s-l960.jpg

s-l961.jpg

Chop the traxas connector off the esc then put on a tamiya connector. Never seen adaptors for those, i dont think traxas would permit it. So yeah cut n shut. You selling the lipo? Dont cut off its connector.

• Like 1

It looks like thats the way to go i think yes i would sell the lipo with the charher thats an EZ- Plus model MC-40i as well as it no good to me.

I also have another 3s 5000mah HRB lipo battery with a deans T connector both Batteries are used .

Sorry Redback.

i was ment to put i picture of the other lipo in the reply so here it is now.

I want to sell them both togeter the wife wont have lipo in or around the hose lol😱

bat.jpg

10 minutes ago, Mr Johnty said:

Thanks for that locky i saw that it not right Traxxas end im affraid but thanks for the info.

I'm using an adapter for my TRX4 esc which has same TRX  connector and fits on the TRX4 esc TRX connector. The old TRX connectors fit the new TRX connectors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Johnty said:

Hi All.

quick question for you all.

Just bought a Traxxas TRX4 Defender and of course it has a Traxxas ESC XL-5 with a High Current plug fitted now i dont want to use Lipo Dont ask why Im A Nimh man i dont like Lipo at all.

What i want and cant find is a battery converter cable to go from The traxxas High current to a Tamiya. its the strange shape traxxas with lipo I.D not just the trx i can see them on ebay.

I can only describe the plug has having V shaped edges  not square. pictures show below show the batter i have and want to get rid of and the connection i need on a converter.

please help where i can buy one or get one made?

s-l960.jpg

s-l961.jpg

The older original style TRX Connector will work fine its just the newer ones have ID technology,

My concern is, surely a Tamiya Connector will just melt? They were terrible in the 90's, let alone with todays power?

43 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

The older original style TRX Connector will work fine its just the newer ones have ID technology,

My concern is, surely a Tamiya Connector will just melt? They were terrible in the 90's, let alone with todays power?

Its a crawler it will be fine. The id connector wont function but the connectors should right? Got a pick locky of your adaptor and the esc connectors?

2 hours ago, Mr Johnty said:

Does your wife realise that there is more chance of mobile phones, laptop batteries bursting into flames?

I know RC lipos need to be looked after and not mistreated, but be careful with them and they'll be fine.

Store them in a specially made storage box called 'Batsafe' and should the worse happen, the fire is contained. The only thing to exit through the filter in the lid would be hot white smoke. About £40 for the medium sized one and it holds at least 6 2s lipos. 

Edited by JonnyUK

1 hour ago, Redback said:

Got a pick locky of your adaptor and the esc connectors?

Cant tonight.  The TRX esc has the new ID connectoer and the adpater has the old TRX connector with XT90 on the other end.  Plenty of info out there such as this.