• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

I'm looking for a new engine

Kajusbagdonas

For a cheap engine i quite like the force 36. You can increase the teeth on the clutch bell for more speed as its got more torque, i did have an lrp30 in a savage and it was more powerful than the force 36 but its more expensive

You dont need too much power in a 1/8 buggy as it is relatively light in weight. A decent budget 21 engine such as a Fastrax Enduro 21 will be fast and driveable.  But it all depends on where you bash and what you like. More hp the quicker the fuel tanks empties. 21 engines are usually higher revving whereas 28 engines have more low end torque. A buggy isnt really capable of using the extra low down torque, mainly due to tyre size. 

The force looks good but I have a tight budget around £80 and I can only see new force engines which are cheap, but the lrp I've seen costs £80 used, I've seen some cheap mac 28s which I believe that they are from the hyper but I haven't had any experience with them. 

Buying used is a lottery as have past experience.  Usually more cost effective to buy new as replacing piston/sleeve is a lot. Lowest price for Force 28 is probably this,  I bougjt one last year and broke it this year with a conrod failure. Dont know why it failed as usually careful with breaking in.

I also purchased a new Fastrax Enduro for £60 from Facebook marketplace this year so always worth a look. It is faster than the Force 28 in a buggy.