• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Scored a Hyper VS Pro Roller.

Evening all,

Thanks to hobby comps I’ve managed to score a Hyper VS Pro roller. 

I was wondering if any of you guys with experience with the VS have any tips to do before it’s run, like change/replace/add any grease, oil to diffs, shock oil etc. 

I’m very anal with my cars and really look after them so would like to get it up to scratch before the first run. 

wont be using for any hard bashing but will be running on fields, gravel BMX tracks and in the woods. Smallish jumps (not

skate park sending)

thanks guys. 

Edited by Speedytriple
  • Like 1

• Speedytriple changed the title to Scored a Hyper VS Pro Roller.

Thanks chaps. 

46 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

I'd also check the shocks are full as well. 

If it's used personally I'd strip it down and rebuild it, replace any warn out bearings. 

It’s brand new fella so bearings will be good. 

any idea what weight shock oil is a good all rounder for the VS? 

thanks. 

Something like 30-40wt / 350-500cst shock oil, orange springs are harder, not sure difference with Pro version, get a Hobbywing motor esc combo, some pinions to cater for 4s and 6s, diff oil - 250k+ for centre, 30kish front/back, maybe some different tyres for off road.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. 

I think it’s a fluted chassis (maybe 7075 not sure) carbon rear shock tower - not sure why not both.  Carbon centre diff brace. 

There’s also a new VS2 which appears the same as the standard VS but has pillowball front hubs. 

not sure why no CNC front knuckles just rears. Same strangeness with just carbon rear shock tower?

was the rear end a weak point? 

• Like 1

I have to say they do seem very nicely made. Much more nicely built than my Typhon.

Typhon seems very toughly made but VS seems to be built with more finesse if you know what I mean. 

The Typhon seems more of a hammer whereas the VS seems more of a precision instrument. 

I may be talking bollox as I’ve not run it yet and it may explode the first time I take it out. 

😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Dont know mate only thing my son and I broke on ours was the hinge pin holder on the front of rear dif

I went for CNC and son went with multiple stock parts 

mine has the cnc part as well now, i tried reinforcing a stock one and it didnt last long but with how i drive ...... lol

very strong buggies 🙂

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 1

On 03/10/2023 at 21:37, locky said:

Something like 30-40wt / 350-500cst shock oil, orange springs are harder, not sure difference with Pro version, get a Hobbywing motor esc combo, some pinions to cater for 4s and 6s, diff oil - 250k+ for centre, 30kish front/back, maybe some different tyres for off road.

Hi mate. 

I’ve been doing a bit of looking around and the centre diff oil weight recommendations seem all over the place. 

Some people seem to say 7000, others 30k, others 3k. 

250k seems a lot compared to other people’s recommendations. I’m not doubting your knowledge, just wondering why so thick?

I understand thicker oil puts more power to the rear but I don’t want it to just wheelie everywhere. 

when I opened the centre diff up (and topped it up with 250k) what was already in it was about 250 I’d say. 

thanks. 

Ah ok. So heavier oil means more rear power and less front tyre ballooning. 

it also does seem that track racers seem to use thinner centre diff oil. I guess that’s to get a more even F/R split?