• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wolfie1 X-MAXX

wolfie1

Today took the xmaxx out for testing and this rear new diff was doing ok but the front bearing that hold the centre diff failed and has pushed the top bulkhead off the bottom bulkhead  and wore a hole in the lower bulkhead, tbh i was wondering if the bulkhead was the cause of all my issues that i have been having, got 3 sets of packs through it today before i started hearing something so called it a day, here is a vid

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 2

This used to be a part of balmedie beach that was nicknamed “the dessert” as it was just heaps of sand but that trump **** is building another golf course on it, he already has 1 here, 1 things for sure he gave someone a rather large backhander to be allowed to do this to the dunes

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today i had a lovely package waiting for me when i got home, the max 6 g2 and accompanying motor, the cables are soooo much thicker than the max 6 v3! The only way i could fit it in the xmaxx was to mount the esc the other way around, the esc is the same size but the motor is 5mm longer and with the sensor wire sticking out the other side of the esc it was the only way

EoPOgLV.jpg

the wires that come out of the motor are in a slightly different place so the oem heatsink wouldnt fit without some modification, so i got to use the milling drill vice i received the other day, i may have to take a little bit more of it but am going to leave it till tomorrow to see how the wires are going to sit now that they are mounted in the car

HAFi3gs.jpg

and here is it all mounted in the car ready for the weekend

qmGhgwk.jpg

• Like 1

So i got out today with this new setup and got a couple of packs through, it certainly is quick, the highest temp i seen was 33 degress doing speed runs which is cooler than the last setup. I did have a play about with the turbo timing but didnt like it too much as when it kicked in at full throttle it was too nose happy and you had to back off the throttle but without it on it was perfect (in my eyes), i did turn the punch down a bit so it wasnt so easy to pop wheelies on initial acceleration and i got a top speed of 56mph on grass and there is more there  but its way fast enough for me and what i want out of it

N0UL9sL.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

Its a balloon to keep the ubec inside it dry, its for my steering servo

Ubec supplies higher voltage directly to receiver which supplies voltage to servo. But can standard receiver handle the 8.4 volts?

Posted (edited)

Traxxas receiver is only rated to 6v the max 6 g2 will also give out 8.4v but dont want to fry the receiver

Edited by wolfie1

After the standard body getting wrecked fairly quickly and the cost of them thought i would try a different body, so got this proline brute and a sticker kit, there was a touch of worry with the body as it was supposed to arrive friday but come sunday and it not arriving i called dpd and they proclaimed its lost, but it turned up today thankfully. Phew! On the website for the stickers it does say that there is supposed to be gaps between the stickers and the over all result i am very happy with, tomorrow i will get all the plastic structure swapped over.

tCS9pqU.jpg
KjeXPhM.jpg
bfYY6rN.jpg
OrNl1eC.jpg

• Like 3

Today i got all the plastic parts swapped over, got the rear protection bit on too, but had to cut bits off it so it would fit, so heres hoping this body lasts a bit longer!

jMs8d9W.jpg
plfA4ZN.jpeg
bXzZVJz.jpg

• Like 1

On 19/03/2024 at 21:43, wolfie1 said:

Today i got all the plastic parts swapped over, got the rear protection bit on too, but had to cut bits off it so it would fit, so heres hoping this body lasts a bit longer!

jMs8d9W.jpg
plfA4ZN.jpeg
bXzZVJz.jpg

Are there different sets of liveries? Where did you get that set? 

On 18/03/2024 at 21:06, wolfie1 said:

After the standard body getting wrecked fairly quickly and the cost of them thought i would try a different body, so got this proline brute and a sticker kit, there was a touch of worry with the body as it was supposed to arrive friday but come sunday and it not arriving i called dpd and they proclaimed its lost, but it turned up today thankfully. Phew! On the website for the stickers it does say that there is supposed to be gaps between the stickers and the over all result i am very happy with, tomorrow i will get all the plastic structure swapped over.

tCS9pqU.jpg
KjeXPhM.jpg
bfYY6rN.jpg
OrNl1eC.jpg

That looks great! I didnt go for the Brute because it was white but your decals look incredible on it!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xxCarlxx said:

Are there different sets of liveries? Where did you get that set? 

Yea there is about 20 sets to choose from, i was torn between these and the dragon fire ones, i got them from awesome stickers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

That looks great! I didnt go for the Brute because it was white but your decals look incredible on it!

Thank you, yea initially being white put me off but after searching online i came across a company that did stickers for it so thought i would give them/it a go

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/03/2024 at 22:31, wolfie1 said:

Yea there is about 20 sets to choose from, i was torn between these and the dragon fire ones, i got them from awesome stickers

Thanks, site didnt notify me you replied. 

• 2 weeks later...

Always though the original wheely bar was too springy, so thought i would give something else a go, seen this on aliexpess and thought i would give it a go

NOO2tXt.jpg

oDnB10x.jpg

oJU2cwa.jpg

since i am running an aftermarket anti roll bar it wouldnt fit with this wheely bar so had to do a little mod by drilling 2 new holes in it to attach it too

T3zBH0h.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Have you had any more diff probs ?

Since i replaced the rear bulkhead no I haven’t, i wouldnt have thought that was the cause of all my diff problems as there wasnt any play once they were built up but there must have been something as its good now, probably run 12-15 sets of batteries through it now since and so far so good 🙂

I did also change the rear diff covers to alloy ones like the newest xmaxx so something must have been flexing on full power

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Got to try the new wheely bar today, it was a success until it wasnt, 1 of the bolts holding the wheels on decided to come loose and fall off, luckily i found everything apart from a washer, so put it back together with a drop of loctite and then it fell off again so i decided to redesign it a bit, originally the wheels were held on with an m4 bolt for each pair but it was obvious a lot of loctite would be needed but i was concerned if the bolt snapped there would be no way of getting it out again, so drilled out the holes to 5mm and run an m6 tap down it so i could use an m6 bolt, i drilled out all the spacers to m6 except the ones that the wheels and bearings run on there just wouldnt be enough material to hold it to drill, so used some nylon airline pipe  for this. So thats it all back together again with an m6 bolt and plenty loctite 

GkrNBmw.jpg

10ywD7b.jpg

i thought this made a cool pic

kBsncrp.jpg

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 2