• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wolfie1 X-MAXX

wolfie1

I just understand how the first 1 shows the vdeo as a direct to watch here but no matter what i do with the next 2 it wont, sorry guys

btw you can see 3 videos?

Edited by wolfie1

1 minute ago, Stormbringer said:

When you select a picture or a vid and you click on it isnt there a menu pops up ?

There is a thing that comes up along the bottom, sometimes it will embed the image in the forum and then the next time it doesnt and i have no idea what im doing wrong as im doing the same thing each time  🤪

Since i managed to totally destroy 2 tyres (i did wonder what the weird noise was) which i didnt notice till i got home, i was contemplating another pair of original tyres but decided that would be a stupid idea as i have had to glue them all back on and 2 tyres managed to destroy themselves in 1 1/2 months and another of the fronts i think the foam has snapped and is all bundled up in a part of the wheel some others would be a fantastic idea, so i went for these whilst i wait on being notified on some magmas, i may think these are spot on and not bother with magmas, but so far on just how they feel and look i think these will do nicely

a0ljDNa.jpg
M2RbJe1.jpg

3saa1kL.jpg

Ll8GWRN.jpg
lUgumuv.jpg

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 2

You know i dont think they are much heavier than the stock tyres, i have tried the self righting when i first got it but not since and as far as the foams being soaking, no idea i have never gone fjording with it, if they were soaking its just with normal driving about. Fingers crossed these will last longer, i have a set of louise tyres on another model and they are doing well as far

• Like 1

Ah good to know, i am just back in from using them today for the first time and they are good, doesnt wheely quite so easily but still wheelies good dont get me wrong, i will finish my coffee to get a heat up and go out to my workshop and block the vent hole. What calamity did you have with them not blocked?

4 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

Ah good to know, i am just back in from using them today for the first time and they are good, doesnt wheely quite so easily but still wheelies good dont get me wrong, i will finish my coffee to get a heat up and go out to my workshop and block the vent hole. What calamity did you have with them not blocked?

I just always block the vent hole. The second any moisture gets in (which lets face it, its England) thats what causes the foams to get out of shape and ghe change im centrifugal force is what blows the tyres imo

13 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

I just always block the vent hole. The second any moisture gets in (which lets face it, its England) thats what causes the foams to get out of shape and ghe change im centrifugal force is what blows the tyres imo

I did go out and block them yesterday and was hoping to get out today again, but i had my covid and flu vaccinations yesterday and i feel a bit rubbish today, maybe later if im up to it 

If you're talking about the vent hole in the rim? Block it, all mine are and I've never noticed a detrimental effect from doing so. 

Don't be afraid to add an extra bead of glue around the tyres, leave it to fully cure in the sun for 24hrs and then do the other side. Definitely helps, I think. 🤔

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

If you're talking about the vent hole in the rim? Block it, all mine are and I've never noticed a detrimental effect from doing so. 

Don't be afraid to add an extra bead of glue around the tyres, leave it to fully cure in the sun for 24hrs and then do the other side. Definitely helps, I think. 🤔

Yea, the vent hole. I always block it

Today as soon as i plugged my batteries in before pressing the on button on the esc all the cooling fans came on and the servo powered up, and the red mode led is blinking to go through all the 3 modes but the button does nothing so i am assuming the esc has gone bad, so a max 6 is required, (unless someone knows better) but i have a question in regards to it on the xmaxx the 3 wires are coloured but hobbywing has a,b and c which wire goes where? Thanks

So postie arrived today with a lovely thing for me

C8Q39WQ.jpg

I got it all fitted in and am excited to see what difference it will do in the power department, so here’s hoping for the weekend

r7f4kNX.jpg

only down side now though is that i have lost the speed, rpm,  battery voltage all all that cool other stuff that used to be displayed with the original traxxas esc

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement, i think i am going to buy the telemetry expander with the gps module and the voltage sensor to get some of the features back as i quite liked seeing how fast it went when i had it out

21 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Itll be worth it for the performance upgrade I promise 🙂

It is the max 6 v3 160a version i needed, as i am seeing there is a 200a version as well now?

Edited by wolfie1