• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

GMC long bed 454ci build

16 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

Yep, it will be a superb scale build, im working on a carisma F-150 for an FTX chassis, wont be as good as what you do

I noticed you have got your hands on a clear F150 body.

Will look forward to seeing your finished truck.  It's a classic body for sure!

• Like 2

• stupar changed the title to GMC long bed 454ci build
  • 4 weeks later...

IMG_3116.thumb.jpeg.b716c085a767dd04f1cb2f280432e3f4.jpeg

The plan is for an 8x4 rigid using the recovery rails, but I’m having visions of a beaver tail now or a plant hire truck. I think I still have to pull the second axle forward too. As you are probally aware this plane might change 7 times 🤣

8 hours ago, Shergar said:

IMG_3116.thumb.jpeg.b716c085a767dd04f1cb2f280432e3f4.jpeg

The plan is for an 8x4 rigid using the recovery rails, but I’m having visions of a beaver tail now or a plant hire truck. I think I still have to pull the second axle forward too. As you are probally aware this plane might change 7 times 🤣

Sounds intriguing!

If you need any specific  parts for your truck build then I highly recommend Lesu parts.

Also check out KKTruckstore too if you haven't already.

They do some amazing chassis stuff for the 1/14 truck world and they are UK based too.

👍🏻

P.s. if you don't already know then then biggest stockest of Lesu parts in the UK seems to be Elite Models Online

Edited by stupar
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@stuparThis is looking really smart, can’t wait to see where ya go with this! That engine looks ace. 
Been wanting to try the long bed pickup conversion for a long time myself, just working up the guts to buy it all. Gotta decide which conversion parts(scalemonkey, shrinkRC or Mod19) to go with. Any advice you could impart? I’ve never cut n shut a body before. 

Thanks @stupar, that’s the way I was kinda thinking to go down so have a body on the way home now. I think my mate has a razor saw so I’ll borrow that as pull saws really do make a night and day difference on this kinda job. 
That engine looks wicked wired up, did you have to reshape the firewall or does the distributor clear it?

• Like 1