• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savage wouldn't idle or break

NBY

So I have decided it's going to be a good idea to buy a used Savage Nitro and give it a go 😅

It has a Hobao 28 engine on it.

I'm completely new to Nitro... managed to get it started but it just goes. No way to make it stop at all...what am I missing here?

Attached is a short video. (Engine stops at the end as fuel ran out).

Any advice is welcomed 🙏 thanks

You need to re do the throttle/brake linkage, it doesnt look right. Also check your actual brakes without the engine running. just power the electrics on without starting the engine. See if you can get the brakes to work that way

• Like 1

First off....your idle is probably a bit high, but the wheels will turn a bit when they are off the ground. Thats normal.

Your brake, however, is knackered. The servo isn;t moving the rod, and that pivot shaft should NOT come out like that. Needs to be stripped and fixed.  The upright arm on the brake linkage should be near vertical, not sloped forward at that angle. If you look at the slack in that link, there should be none.

I have a proper plug to seal off the exhaust...but I am just as likely to stuff a rag over the pipe, or pinch a fuel line if it's easy to get to.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the above guys, doesn't seem to break even when the engine'sIMG_8077.thumb.jpg.4ea906c6a4a96536071e22a3ae5a5a9e.jpg off.

I think I will have to take it apart to inspect what's wrong.

I assume the breaks are internal and hidden inside the case? I can't see anything that looks like a break underneath (photo attached)

🤦‍♂️ That explains it then...

That's what you get for buying on Facebook and having it shipped...

Thank you for the advice. I will get some parts ordered. Is there a difference between the models or is there a generic break assembly for all the Savages?

• 1 month later...