• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FMS FCX24 owners thread "Blazer,Powerwagon,smasher and Unimog"

Lone-wolf

It has arrived! Obligatory living room crawl complete. Thinking I'll get an extra battery or two and maybe some working beacons and rear lights. 

PXL_20240203_163936116.jpg

Edited by stretch
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3dEcvuse9Z/?img_index=1
My PW. just over a year old now a ford F150 bob tail, Injora shell. Mods include Ramp crab steering servo with Trael ally mount & Injora brass steering links. Injora brass front an Treal Brass extanded rear high clearance links. Injora wheels an tyres with 7mm brass hex's front an 5mm rear. I have it set up soft springs on the rear an medium front. While this give me great climbing I'm deffo going back to medium rears as the super LCG snags on janky crawls. 

Next for this is a either a stripped down  an lowered FMS PW shell or maybe a lexan atlas 6x6 shell for lighter wieght up top.
Bloody love these little rigs!

Edited by Naptime
  • Like 1

Caved in and this arrived yesterday

It seems a really nice and chunky wee truck really impressed with it :good:

4YOBOry.jpg

• Like 3

if these are the same as the power wagon & max smasher I'd reccomend first upgrade to be Ramp crab steering servo (from amazon), treal metal servo mount & metal steering links. Steering servo was the first thing to go on my max smasher but, Yeah very nice, definatly on my want list!!

• Like 1

Took the power wagon out for some trail driving today. 

It did really good. 

Compared to my Trx4m bronco with crawler gears it has a good bit more top end speed. 

I used the 62mm injora hyrax copies, very good tyre for crawling and trail driving. They do rub quite a bit so trimming of the lip from the arches possibly more for running these tyres. I'm going to try some slightly smaller tyres ( injora  58mm tall not sure of the name). 

Here's a little video... 

• Like 3