• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FMS FCX24 owners thread "Blazer,Powerwagon,smasher and Unimog"

Lone-wolf

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Well do you have room for another shelf then ?

Well one RC is already on the floor but I think I can make room for one of these on the shelf I’ll just stick it on top of the TRX4 in the roof rack 🤣

but no joke I do need another shelf which will be full of mini/micro RC 🤣 thinking of getting some wall mounted shelves 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Managed to squeeze in a little time this morning, fitted the gear change servo so was about to start mocking up the electrics installation and hit quite a major speed bump.

cant use the Traxxas esc/rx as it doesnt have a “real” third channel for the gear change, meaning the next idea would be a Spektrum sr310 receiver and hobbywing 1625 esc but with those i dont have room for the lipo, the tray is of a “special” size meaning nearly all lipos wont fit and the way the power wagon arches/running boards are fitted in a way doesnt really give much room to make anything work.

i really want this truck to work as im quite fond of the looks (apart from the bulky front bumper) but nothing is a straight forward job and needs £ going in to it either way….

not giving up yet though….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gaz! said:

Managed to squeeze in a little time this morning, fitted the gear change servo so was about to start mocking up the electrics installation and hit quite a major speed bump.

cant use the Traxxas esc/rx as it doesnt have a “real” third channel for the gear change, meaning the next idea would be a Spektrum sr310 receiver and hobbywing 1625 esc but with those i dont have room for the lipo, the tray is of a “special” size meaning nearly all lipos wont fit and the way the power wagon arches/running boards are fitted in a way doesnt really give much room to make anything work.

i really want this truck to work as im quite fond of the looks (apart from the bulky front bumper) but nothing is a straight forward job and needs £ going in to it either way….

not giving up yet though….

you will get there with it, maybe esc from sxc24

14 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

you will get there with it, maybe esc from sxc24

Cheers mate. :good:

I thought about that one and its a good call, does it have a proper 3rd channel?? Cant remember for the life of me….

whilst on one hand, i would prefer to have it using my Spektrum tx as all the transmitters have been really comfortable in hand for long periods of time, typically the Traxxas tqi aren’t too bad either to handle. It kind of makes sense also to have it on its own radio.

as i say, it wont beat me but may take a little more time than id hoped for, if it goes like it looks, i’ll be well chuffed.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

Still waiting for my K5, no email to say it's coming, wonder if my order has beeb overlooked 

I’ve got an email from DPD saying they’re expecting from MS though I did order some other little bits I would of thought they would send those with Royal Mail not DPD for 2 little bits so I’m assuming it the K5 🤔hopefully you’ll hear something by the end of the day 🤞

• Like 1

still nothing, no email, its all so quiet on the K5 front, and my guess is they are drop shipped from CML, i can see this being a refund from wheelspin and sell all the hop up parts.....yeah got my negative head on had a proper rubbish (insert more suitable word) at work 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

still nothing, no email, its all so quiet on the K5 front, and my guess is they are drop shipped from CML, i can see this being a refund from wheelspin and sell all the hop up parts.....yeah got my negative head on had a proper rubbish (insert more suitable word) at work 

Got mine from MS not Wheelspin wouldn’t the shops get them at the same time ? don’t know how it works it might just turn up thinking on the optimistic side but as @Stormbringer said don’t sell the upgrades and order from MS 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

Wheelspin saying my K5 shipped today, hoping it arrives friday as no one home tomorrow

That’s great news 👍I’m waiting for the black painted brass parts to be in stock what’s the first thing I should get already have new wheels and tyres 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

That’s great news 👍I’m waiting for the black painted brass parts to be in stock what’s the first thing I should get already have new wheels and tyres 

Mine will be getting brass links, brass steering link, brass portal covers, brass hex extenders, ohh and brass wheel nuts along with deep dish steel wheels and better tyres, also i will do the shock mod so fit the orings and add a few drops of light shock oil

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

Mine will be getting brass links, brass steering link, brass portal covers, brass hex extenders, ohh and brass wheel nuts along with deep dish steel wheels and better tyres, also i will do the shock mod so fit the orings and add a few drops of light shock oil

I’ll have a look later tonight and see what I can get for it even if it’s from overseas 👍 to be honest I’m looking forward to messing around with the body more than anything else got some ideas but whether I can make the bits is another story 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve come across a problem not with the RC but an oversight by me the new wheels screws are smaller than 1.5mm as that’s the smallest size I have I need to order one 🤣 will this set do as I’m looking at getting a axial scx24 soon https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/injora-7pcs-short-handle-hex-screwdriver-nut-driver-tools-kit-for-118-124-rc-crawlers-1349303 but on a plus note it sits very nicely on the roof rack on the TRX4 👍IMG_0250.thumb.jpeg.9c9e50c1384f8a63b334a5c36e78877f.jpeg

• Like 3

Looking good chaps :good:

sacked mine off for a bit, as its doing my head in and im not in the right frame of mind, still the penultimate round of goodies for the Trx4m have arrived so will get on with that instead.

battery arrived for it though (the one recommended by @Lone-wolf earlier in the thread.

@Stormbringer, its the tqi tx and the Trx4m receiver/esc been using it a while now (still gathering real electrics for the 2 Trx4m conversions) and up to yet, very little in the way of cramps or tingling……

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gaz! said:

Looking good chaps :good:

sacked mine off for a bit, as its doing my head in and im not in the right frame of mind, still the penultimate round of goodies for the Trx4m have arrived so will get on with that instead.

battery arrived for it though (the one recommended by @Lone-wolf earlier in the thread.

@Stormbringer, its the tqi tx and the Trx4m receiver/esc been using it a while now (still gathering real electrics for the 2 Trx4m conversions) and up to yet, very little in the way of cramps or tingling……

I’ve got the battery that @Lone-wolf said as well it will fit the K5 after moving the wires from the ESC or moving the ESC forward slightly as it won’t fit straight in but no big deal to do though 👍

• Like 1

Are the bearings on these proper bearings or bushings? I can’t tell from looking at it but don’t want it taking it apart just yet to find out 🤣

• Haha 1