• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Getting RC’s from EU

RC4WD fan

a long time ago like 6/7 years ago I could get parts and RC’s from the EU and generally be a bit cheaper and not get hit by customs I’m guessing that’s no longer a thing as I ordered a tamiya kit from Tamico  and had to pay customs I’ve had to wait nearly 3 weeks for the kit to come and it cost exactly the same as if I brought it in the UK and have it next day 🤣

oh well nothing ventured nothing gained as they say 

Yea with the currency exchange too its just not worth it unless its something physically cant get in the UK. Plaza Japan is about the only place worth using at the moment as they sell in Yen which is in just as bad of a state as Sterling

Postage is also super high too. I needed 2 packs of shims that I could not get from the UK. The shims were £8 and the postage was £20.

It does seem to be the issue is when said parcels arrive in the UK as everything that has travelled to the UK has done so pretty quick. The moment it enters our borders its then on a massive go slow.

I think the only chance you've got is to try to order from a supplier in the same country as the original manufacturer.  Then there are sometimes opportunities to save money.  For example, I have found that AsiaTees or AliExpress may offer good deals for products originating in China or Japan.

I got the RC from Tamico today cc-02 D90 that was on a weekend sale I thought it was the one without the ESC and light controller but turns out it’s not so I have after working out the costs I’ve saved about £30 so not to bad and have an ESC and light kit for it 👍

might just pay the extra and buy from the UK in the future and have it sooner we’ll depending on what company delivers it of course 😆