• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya TL-01 Subaru Impreza

Kpowell911

• 3 weeks later...

Second. The Pilot Sport. This is the worst of 4, but still better than my current one. Again the wheels arent genuine (I dont think?) and the Steering bell cranks need attention. I think this is a TA-01?

WIlfSpX.jpeg

zke0qP9.jpeg

DGhwBkW.jpeg

EhgRS9P.jpeg

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 3

Finally. The Mongrel. 

KyLR4Al.jpeg

Chassis appears brand new. But to my knowledge, this shell/TA chassis combo doesnt exist?. I intended selling this to re coup some funds but I think Ill keep it as it looks amazing! No interior. 

x1tC5xA.jpeg

gB4Tzt9.jpeg

rlwECGj.jpeg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Really need to change the title of this thread but hey!

So as we established earlier on. My Repsol Cosworth is actually sat on the incorrect chassis. It should be a TA02 not a TA01. Not a massive issue as Tamiya re released the TA02 with a Calibra shell in 2021, and its still avaliable. However Id end up with a body I dont really want. So I kept searching and I found this absolutely MINT TA-02. The plan was to  switch over the electrics, Cosworth shell, interior, wheels onto this and sell the TA01 chassis cheap. 

3gxEKey.jpeg

vngF96R.jpeg

9YAIobN.jpeg

I have a spare battery clip BTW. 

HOWEVER! It came with a really nice HKS R32 GTR:

kjMZAM2.jpeg

KcmjI0b.jpeg

This appears to have been an actual model #58140. And I quite like it. So Im going to keep this as it is. To avoid not been in endless loop of replacing TA02s chassis for my Repsol Cosworth.... so Ive obtained another TA02, which comes with a shell that wasn't on a TA02 so I can switch this over when it arrives without feeling guilty

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I stole the TRF Shocks off the Subaru for my SRX, and left it on friction dampers. Had some spare time this evening so I built up and fitted the SRX Oil Dampers, with longer eyelets to keep some rally heritage. 

OKmRybj.jpeg

ZkdKEfQ.jpeg

2PgXre8.jpeg

Not bling bling but hey perfectly fine!

• Like 3

Finally got the correct chassis for the Repsol Cosworth. It now has a proper TA-02 Chassis on it. 

zyncqb6.jpeg

Pretty good condition:

0EfeH6h.jpeg

cnIhdNw.jpeg

I need to get some stock hexea, as the TA01 has weird disc brake ones. 

Also needed to swap the bumpers over, as the Cosworth needed the thinner bumper for the Rally Blocks. 

fM7CerJ.jpeg

I also switched to genuine Tamiya Rally Blocks and Rally Wheels. Not box, but theyre genuine. 

e8AWU01.jpeg

So here she is

aK5taMm.jpeg

As for the TA-01. Its got a bashed Evo V Shell and wheels/tyres for now. 

I5TiVYP.jpg

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I still have my Tamiya Burns & Reid Subaru Impreza WRC 2001 although it now sports a new digital speed controller, new servo's and a wheel type controller instead of the joysticks it came with. Other upgrades include a full ball bearing kit and new oil filled shocks, alloy wheels with new tyres and fake brake discs. Unfortunately it doesn't get used much and is more of a shelf queen now.

01120e726a453ab5dedee4e90bd23854b466aee94d.thumb.jpg.b507c895e770bcae64a0e8172939cca3.jpg

• Like 1