• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya MF01x thread

Lone-wolf

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

looking good mate now get it muddy :rofl:

Will do mate very soon 😎

43 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

looking pretty smart in gloss black, nice, pretty sure you will like how it drives

Hope so mate 👍  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tomr said:

60mm oil shocks fitted with a set of soft rally springs .

D4CC9C4B-BB2D-4010-A75F-8CBBF7B6D272.thumb.jpeg.5dd1ef52eb5de9eec2f80fac0e8a0713.jpeg5B999322-C07C-4786-BA98-578B314A22AB.thumb.jpeg.2935667648a8f6fce8fa213a5267360e.jpeg

Where do you normally pick your springs up from? I’ve been wondering about getting a few different ones to try out but the Tamiya ones I’m after are either out of stock or ridiculously expensive. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

Where do you normally pick your springs up from? I’ve been wondering about getting a few different ones to try out but the Tamiya ones I’m after are either out of stock or ridiculously expensive. 

I normally use Lc racing ptg2 springs from DMS racing https://www.dms-racing.com/optional-tuning-or-upgrade-parts/option-parts-for-lc-racing-vehicles/option-parts-for-lc-racing-ptg-2-or-ptg-2-r

• Like 1

I finally finished mine, it's been in pieces for the last few months however I had a few hours this afternoon to get finish it off. I've got M05 v2 carbon arms and CVDs all around. I fitted a 17t brushed motor that's paired up with a 1060 ESC, nothing fancy however should be good for a bit of carpark bashing. 

20230120_191029.jpg

20230120_191041.jpg

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

Alex, nice spec but got to warn you, it will be a monster on that 17t motor, mine is pretty rapid on stock silver can and its so smooth, im kinda thinking i prefer my MF01 to my HPI RS4 sport, my next tamiya is close to finished

It might be slightly overkill however I'd rather have a bit more in the tank 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2