• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Traxxas trx4m owners thread

Gaz!

22 hours ago, Alex97 said:

Yes 

Yes much like the stock Traxxas ones, my lad has the power hd tr4 servo and they come out of the side.

so it turns out you need to run the Injora carbon chassis, a servo (like the black Injora 11kg) with the wires coming out of the bottom of the case before you can run the laydown servo mount kit….i wonder just how many “doctored” axle casings have been sacrificed???

all it would take is just one sentence added to the descriptions.

that said, at least we know now and could possibly help others out in future, its all good :good:

• Like 2

Bit of a update with pictures this time.

another Injora not so much issue but more of a niggle, my k10 is fitted with Injora driveshafts and high clearance suspension links, now although in principle the high clearance links do work but then leave the driveshafts a little to exposed for my liking….

Can’t upload pics at the minute postimage has gone down….

ill update with more as soon as i can. :good:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gaz! said:

Servo arrived, fitted and bench tested, all is now good!!

just need to give it a bit of a run round now.

Is that for the laydown mount?

No mate, i ordered the power hd tr4, have them in both my Chevy and Landy but the bright blue case will stick out like a sore thumb on the Tarantula, like the stock Traxxas one does thats fitted now.

i have looked at the same black Injora servo you have but that then means removing the already fitted Yeah racing servo mount and replace it with the Injora one which i believe is slightly different and matched to the servo??

The laydown mount is in the spares box for now, not too sure which servo he is buying for his Chevy, if the wires do come out the back, he will most likely go back to it then. :good:

Another little issue, again Injora…..

my lad went and bought the Injora servo, mount and horn kit, he fitted it up today and just like everything else, wasn’t a straight forward fit and the servo cable fouls on the bonnet scoop making the suspension travel have a massive “bump” so we sorted that, all is well and works a treat, next up was some wider hexes as the 5mm ones he had fitted allowed the tyres to foul the shocks.

again bought the 9 (either 9/10mm) extenders, fitted up until it was time to re fit the wheels, yep the hexes are a fraction too tight, i bet you cant guess what brand of wheels he was using???? Tried the hexes with Traxxas wheels and went together perfectly so we have had to file the hexes to fit his stamped steel wheels back on.

surely now, this is beyond coincidence?? It’s a proper shame as they seem a decent company and prices are very competitive, id love to see how one of those fully Injora’d goes together…….

Injora are great at releasing lot of products at a very affordable price however they sum up Chinese companies very well, they lack consistent quality assurance. 

I've had my own issues with injora products not working with both Traxxas parts and Injoras own parts and read of dozens of other (mainly around things not going together correctly or binding). Injoras strategy is to flood the market with their products however now that their product range is growing people are finding these compatibility issues. 

I think traxxas as a company isn't the best however  I know I could order any traxxas upgrade and it would just work, sadly the same can't be said for injora. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Alex97 said:

Injora are great at releasing lot of products at a very affordable price however they sum up Chinese companies very well, they lack consistent quality assurance. 

I've had my own issues with injora products not working with both Traxxas parts and Injoras own parts and read of dozens of other (mainly around things not going together correctly or binding). Injoras strategy is to flood the market with their products however now that their product range is growing people are finding these compatibility issues. 

I think traxxas as a company isn't the best however  I know I could order any traxxas upgrade and it would just work, sadly the same can't be said for injora. 

Couldn’t really put it any better Alex.

i have used a few random Meus parts are they go together with much more ease, their prices are quite competitive too. I had some of their v2 driveshafts and they look more than beefy enough, gearbox casing is very good too, machined very nicely. :good:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gaz! said:

Couldn’t really put it any better Alex.

i have used a few random Meus parts are they go together with much more ease, their prices are quite competitive too. I had some of their v2 driveshafts and they look more than beefy enough, gearbox casing is very good too, machined very nicely. :good:

This also sums them up as well, when I asked for a refund for the laydown mount I also asked for them to cover the cost of the axel (they blanked that part so thought nothing of it) randomly this showed up late last week...

20240201-101459.jpg

I was over the moon that they'd posted a metal axel housing out, so cracked on fitting it only to find out it was for the 4mm+ axels. They don't even know what their sending out 🤣

It just summed the whole situation up really. 

It's FOC to anyone who wants it as it's no good to me . 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh god here we go again ! ! !

Im looking at getting another small crawler, the Axial UTB18 capra is looking favourite but the Traxxas TRX4m Hi Trail  F-150 is also a a stunning scaler in the looks department, so i has a question

what are the good points and what are the bad or problem points with a TRX4m

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

what are the good points and what are the bad or problem points with a TRX4m

There's an unlimited number of upgrades plus of you wanted a rock racer style RC then you've got options. 

Personally I'd build from scratch as in the long run you'll save a good amount of money. 

• Like 2

I am trying to see what the good points and bad points on trx4m is out of box, stock, seem to remember the prop shafts were prone to fail, and am i right these run bronze bushes from stock? are the stock electrics decent?

2 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

I am trying to see what the good points and bad points on trx4m is out of box, stock, seem to remember the prop shafts were prone to fail, and am i right these run bronze bushes from stock? are the stock electrics decent?

The motor is ok, I didn't like the ESC due to traxxas forcing you to use there batteries, the stock servo is also know for being pretty rubbish and prone to striping gears. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

Top heavy as most trx, you will spend more on brass and upgrades than you spend on the truck to keep it rubber side down.

• Like 1

Can’t agree with @Redback my daughters/wife’s stock Trx4m defenders outclimbed my Fcx24 with light mods, yes there is weight up top but not much on the high trails so stability shouldn’t be too much of a issue.

as already pointed out, some weight in the front axle will transform it.

electrics wise, not had much bother with them, esc & motors run smoothly, the battery gives very good run times and the charger is adequate.  same goes for the servo although the servo is the first part of the electrics to change, the Power hd tr4 (designed for the trx4 shift/diff servos) is the budget friendly upgrade or the fancy Injora one looks amazing and has quality about it.

stock high trail tyres are really good and grip very nicely as much as the stickier Injora ones.

now comes my gripe…. Brass bushing, yep thats right a Traxxas being sold with bushings, its horrendous but a relatively easy fix for anything from £8-£40 depending on which “brand” you go for.

yes like any rc, they will benefit from spending more on them but out of the box, i guarantee you will be impressed or (depending on colour/condition) if its not for you, ill buy it off you. :good:

• Like 2

Thanks for replies, I should point out I am genuinely considering the blue F-150 hi trail 4m, you will all know of my dislike of the company but thisittle truck really does look super scale. I don't mind the bronze bushing as it's a crawler not a speed runner, I have a little issue with paying about £25 for light kit when most companies fit as standard. Will be giving it some thought and still need to sell the Blitzer 

• Like 1