• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Traxxas trx4m owners thread

Gaz!

15 minutes ago, steephill said:

The top hollow balls have an o-ring each side. In the picture above it's the one on the left. 

Yeah I thought your photo showed them like that. But in mine those balls on the left are too small for the top. 

I measured the balls and the openings with a gauge. My picture shows the smaller ones on the left and the bottom of the shocks are smaller than the tops. So that’s the way round I’m trying to fit them. 

would be nice if they just gave you 8 of each ball.

edit: got it now. Although the bottoms are slightly smaller, there’s more give because they’re plastic. So yeah, one with lip both sides goes at top.

Edited by TommyC

32 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

Nearly ready to order the trx4m f-150 but im gonna want the lower ratio gears for transmission, i guess best get the metal gears and seems pinion needs swapping is this about right

Get the crawler gears  from Injora, they come with metal pinion. 

https://www.injora.com/products/injora-overdrive-underdrive-stainless-steel-transmission-gears-for-1-18-trx4m

I have the 59% underdrive (way better for crawling over stock ratio). 

They now do a 32% underdrive, that maybe better if you want to do some trail driving. But I haven't tried that one so couldn't honestly say. 

I run my bronco for a while with the plastic pinion. Only reason I changed it was motor swap. The injora motor comes with a stainless pinion. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

I think i will go with 32% underdrive does pinion come of easy enough

I'm going to get a 32% underdrive gearset. The 59% is a bit much. 

I've not removed a pinion from the stock motor. 

Warm it up, it should come off. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the input and advice, was going to order today but no one in to take delivery so gonna have to wait a week,  but i may be able to collect while out on my deliveries.....if i can get a truck into modelsport car park

• Haha 2

OUCH !!

Pricing up hop ups, or should i say possibly needed upgrades this project is really getting expensive for a 1/18th........metal underdrive transmission gears, metal axle ring and pinion set and a set of metal links to add a little low weight plus maybe an Injora 180 motor with the hi trail F-150 we are at about £252 then i would like a light kit.

kinda feel im pricing this up and getting reluctant to lob this kind of money into this project.........if i am gonna go ahead might have to drop the motor and metal links from the list

2 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

OUCH !!

Pricing up hop ups, or should i say possibly needed upgrades this project is really getting expensive for a 1/18th........metal underdrive transmission gears, metal axle ring and pinion set and a set of metal links to add a little low weight plus maybe an Injora 180 motor with the hi trail F-150 we are at about £252 then i would like a light kit.

kinda feel im pricing this up and getting reluctant to lob this kind of money into this project.........if i am gonna go ahead might have to drop the motor and metal links from the list

If your willing to search eBay and prepared to wait for delivery, that price can be reduced, plus the Traxxas stuff you will replace will still have value to sell on helping to fund it further.

yes Traxxas upgrades are a bit ridiculous price wise but you will always find a plethora of third party companies making stuff, might not have the fit and finish but does that really matter??? Will still do the job whilst looking the part.

look at the Carisma Sca1e upgrades, they make Traxxas look reasonable…..

anyhow, ooops, my finger slipped, honest :topbanana:

IMG-2639.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gaz! said:

If your willing to search eBay and prepared to wait for delivery, that price can be reduced, plus the Traxxas stuff you will replace will still have value to sell on helping to fund it further.

yes Traxxas upgrades are a bit ridiculous price wise but you will always find a plethora of third party companies making stuff, might not have the fit and finish but does that really matter??? Will still do the job whilst looking the part.

look at the Carisma Sca1e upgrades, they make Traxxas look reasonable…..

anyhow, ooops, my finger slipped, honest :topbanana:

IMG-2639.png

For now gonna just order the brown f-150 and a set of metal links plus crawler gear set, then see how it goes in future, also wanting a hobby plus T hunter kit and some nice upgrades, maybe i can just do both

• Like 1

So i have ordered a few bits from Injora for the F-150, this means i will be getting it after all this deliberating , i have some plans for shocks/ride height so can any one tell me the shock internal bore size and what diameter the shock piston is please

• Like 2

12 hours ago, YT_Rxge_Burger said:

They do that Son, see Father’s Day is June, so should be in stock if you fancy buying me one :rofl:

on a serious note, there is a lot of carry over parts so maybe a conversion kit might be on the cards, could be tempted then…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gaz! said:

They do that Son, see Father’s Day is June, so should be in stock if you fancy buying me one :rofl:

on a serious note, there is a lot of carry over parts so maybe a conversion kit might be on the cards, could be tempted then…..

ahaha maybe dad, we’ll have to see how much they are first 😂, might work out cheaper buying it rtr tho

• Like 2