• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Returning to the hobby

AyEss

Hey guys, 
Im from Cambridgeshire, England..
Been out of the RC hobby for a fair few years now, You know how life is sometimes, Priorities..
But looking to get back into it...
Used to have models like, Tamiya TT01, Traxxas Revo 2.5r, Schumacher Riot, Hobao Hyper 7 TQ Sport etc, Xray Nt1 etc
I was leaving the hobby just as Hobbywing EZRUN 9t's were coming in....

Anyway, As stated, Im looking to get back into it.. Im planning on getting a 1/5 scale petrol... Always had brushless and Nitro, Always wanted a petrol, but never got chance to get one...

Im looking at the Baja 5b's...
Im not financially crazy enough to spend £700 on a HPI, But im curious about the King Motor / Rovan ones...
What are they like?

Also... How is the hobby holding up these days? To me, So far, Looks pretty dead now..
Back when i was into it, It was very popular... Many of indoor carpet tracks etc to race at... Loads of RC events etc.
Hundreds of active users on forums etc... 
I used to watch SquirrelOd on youtube, and all the others like that... But all seam to have dissapeared now 😞

Thanks

Edited by AyEss
  • Like 2

Managed to find some old pics of my RC's 😄
Hpi Rs4 Evo 3.
If i remember correctly, I ended up making my own parts from carbon fibre sheeting, and eventually fitted a Novarossi .12 into it, A spare engine that i had for my Xray Nt1...

IMG00385-20120124-1703.webp

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...