• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Speed basher

sammy99

Looking to get an arrma for something fast and versatile!

Recently came across YouTube videos of people reaching crazy speeds! I would be happy with something 50-70mph on road, but have the versatility to go off road with a tyre change.

I'm new to the hobby so dnt be harsh on me lol

But all input welcome.

Thanks 😊

alot of arrma speedsters are aimed mainly  onroad and light offroad gravel  sammy id go down the 1/8th buggy route personally 6s esc motor combo gear it up for onroad then swop out to offroad buggy wheel tyres and should be sweet offroad and longer grass 👍

with brushless power nowadays speed isnt really a problem most can do 50mph+ stock on 6s setups, then gear up 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, sammy99 said:

Thankyou Bajadre!

Would you say the typhon 6s is the way to go?

I have been looking at them tbh, looks is something that appeals to me.. dont know if arrma do any other 1/8 type buggies?

can only comment on the 3s version typhoon sammy as one of our bashers owned one very strong buggy and did well on the bmx pump tracks 👍 he ended up upgrading ( gave his daughter the typhoon ) to the arrma 6s outcast which was solid too .

• Thanks 1

@sammy99

There's a mint Typhon 6s for sale in the Sale section, cough (like new, and could come with an additional set of decent road wheels depending on what is agreed on). 

Have a look, and if you fancy, throw me a PM if interested. Just thought i throw that out there. 

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Bajadre said:

can only comment on the 3s version typhoon sammy as one of our bashers owned one very strong buggy and did well on the bmx pump tracks 👍 he ended up upgrading ( gave his daughter the typhoon ) to the arrma 6s outcast which was solid too .

Great thanks again, the only bit of off roading I'd be doing would be jumping my sons bmx ramp in the local park lol 

As a single mum it's a great way to spend time with him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

There's a mint Typhon 6s for sale in the Sale section, cough (like new, and could come with an additional set of decent road wheels depending on what is agreed on). 

Have a look, and if you fancy, throw me a PM if interested. Just thought i throw that out there. 

Oh really.. let me have a look! I'm on abit of a budget so be warned 😇

2 minutes ago, sammy99 said:

Oh really.. let me have a look! I'm on abit of a budget so be warned 😇

I can be reasoned with, but of course, in the end it's a basically new Typhon 6s (£550 new) - it's not going to go for £200. What's your budget?

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

I can be reasoned with, but of course, in the end it's a basically new Typhon 6s (£550 new) - it's not going to go for £200. What's your budget?

Ofcourse I wouldnt even dare suggest a price like that!!

Could you give me until tomorrow to see if I can pull some funds together?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sammy99 said:

Ofcourse I wouldnt even dare suggest a price like that!!

Could you give me until tomorrow to see if I can pull some funds together?

I'll send you a PM. 

edit: sent

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 1