• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Fury 2.0

42 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

Feeling very let down by the Carisma F-150 shell, just cant get the grille to fit at each end, im feeling i may have to waste even more money and get a different shell, i have put it to one side for now or i will just lose my rag with it

I know exactly how you’re feeling I’m at a loss with the Carisma Range Rover shell 😔

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Early days but i think me and the ford shell are back in the race, i found the main issue with getting the grille to sit about right, just need to fettle a tiny bit more plastic and it should be about good, im still waiting for the magnetic mounts so still no rush to prep and paint, but im feeling a lot more confident of this turning out how i plan it to 

• Like 3

I have done the rear shocks, put 5mm spacers under the pistons this has dropped back end just right, really hope the body mounts arrive tomorrow or Saturday then i can clean and mask the shell maybe even get paint on it, this rig will only be a trail rig but should be a pretty nice scale trail truck

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Really looking forward to pictures and vid when youve done it mate :good:

May be a fair while as i got an email fom ebay seller to tell me the magnetic mounts are lost so i now have to source them again likely from China

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

not overly happy with it but making good progress now

near done.JPG

near done.JPG

side on.JPG

what are you not happy about ? colour is spot on for the truck and looks great to me 👍 

it’s going to be much much better than the Range Rover I’m doing so 🤣

5 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

what are you not happy about ? colour is spot on for the truck and looks great to me 👍 

it’s going to be much much better than the Range Rover I’m doing so 🤣

Lexan is flimsy in places, the grille just would not fit right, wipers dont fit as they should just little stuff

7 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

Looks totally great tbh, think of it like this- when you destroy this shell you can do the next 1 better, not that it looks like anything is wrong with that 1

cheers man, but wont be another of these shells, Carisma has stopped them so when they gone they gone

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys, the FTX Ford F-150....im calling it about done, got the warm white LED lights in front and red in rear, and the custom number plates arrived today as the finishing touch, i have lighting wires sticking up  in the cab so i will need to redo them at some point, looking forward to a nice trail run with it soon

lights and plate.JPG

rear lights plate.JPG

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

Okay guys, the FTX Ford F-150....im calling it about done, got the warm white LED lights in front and red in rear, and the custom number plates arrived today as the finishing touch, i have lighting wires sticking up  in the cab so i will need to redo them at some point, looking forward to a nice trail run with it soon

lights and plate.JPG

rear lights plate.JPG

2 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

lights and plate.JPG

rear lights plate.JPG

Thats perfect plates for me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 7 months later...

I ended up not liking the Ford shell on this chassis so went back to stock body and sold the F-150 shell, was planning to sell the Fury what with the new RGT on its way but cant bring myself to sell the fury

FTX Fury 2.0.JPG

• Like 2